How can I make a complete report abuse and how long does it take to resolve it?

MariaCristina Lowey

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4038 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

It can take more than a couple of days to deal with an AR, and I suspect that LL put griefers who are running around crashing sims closest to the top of their action list.  If you included good, clear documentation (logs of IMs, photos, etc. with times and places indicated), then they have all they need to go on.  They will not act on issues that are conflicts between residents, but TOS violations are another matter. You will never hear the resolution, because that's a privacy issue, but you should get acknowledgement that LL has received your AR. 

8 answers to this question

It can take more than a couple of days to deal with an AR, and I suspect that LL put griefers who are running around crashing sims closest to the top of their action list.  If you included good, clear documentation (logs of IMs, photos, etc. with times and places indicated), then they have all they need to go on.  They will not act on issues that are conflicts between residents, but TOS violations are another matter. You will never hear the resolution, because that's a privacy issue, but you should get acknowledgement that LL has received your AR. 

If the abuse is continuous then it helps to keep sending more ARs as it builds up a pattern of abuse and helps your case. It also helps if more than one person reports them if they are abusing multiple people.

You do get a reponse for ARs but it will not tell you what punishment was given, because that would be against LL own privacy policy not to share information about our accounts with other people.

There used to be a blotter that showed all the punishments that had been given to people without mentioning the names, but you could usually work out which was the right one from the times and locations, but I dont` know if that exists anymore, I haven`t seen it for a long time.

I agree, very little space in Abuse Report forms so try what I do. When you get the automatic email acknowledging the AR submission, reply immediately sending additional information and photos you could not fit in on the original form although try and keep things to a minimum. I don't honestly know if this does any good or is simply ignored but my ARs were successful. You will not get any emails back.

I  have tried, so far, unsucessfully to get SL to force avatar Aspen Diesel to remove a massive object from my land, rendering it unusable.  I have filed at least a dozen Abuse Reports and several Support Incidents. So far, they have not acted and had the audacity to bill me for this period!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4038 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.