Refund on Items?

Lissa0187

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1885 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Recently, I have bought a halo item from the second life marketplace for a roleplay. Unfortunately, the halo had nothing inside of it, and was just a scam that cost me four lindens.

Now, usually this wouldn't be that big of a deal, except for that I am super broke and now have less than 100 lindens.

Please help!! :)

9 answers to this question

Besides leaving a negative review, you should go in world and Abuse Report the seller.

Next, make your own halo.

• Rez a prim.  Click the Object tab in the Edit window.  Set the object type to Torus
  • Give it the following dimensions
    • Size X 0.019
    • Size Y 0.217
    • Size Z 0.217
    • Hole Size X 1.0
    • Hole Size Y 0.10
  • Click the Texture tab.  Set the texture to Blank
  • Set the color to approximately R 235, G 236, B 105, or to your taste
  • Set Transparency to 34, or to your taste
  • Set Glow to 0.20
  • Check Full Bright to ON
  • Click the Features tab.  In Features,  check Light.  Set Intensity 0.6, Radius 5.0, falloff 0.75
  • Set the light color to a pale yellow, or to your taste.
  • In the General tab, change the object's name from Object to Halo

Next, Take the halo into your inventory.  Stand on a pose stand.  Right click the Halo object, select Attach To/Skull.

Right click the halo, and edit it into position above your head.

That'll show 'em!

Edited by Lindal Kidd
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Besides leaving a negative review, you should go in world and Abuse Report the seller.

• Rez a prim.  Click the Object tab in the Edit window.  Set the object type to Torus
    • Size X 0.019
    • Size Y 0.217
    • Size Z 0.217
    • Hole Size X 1.0
    • Hole Size Y 0.10
  • Set Glow to 0.20
  • Click the Features tab.  In Features,  check Light.  Set Intensity 0.6, Radius 5.0, falloff 0.75

Next, Take the halo into your inventory.  Stand on a pose stand.  Right click the Halo object, select Attach To/Skull.

That'll show 'em!

I am curious why would this be an abuse report situation ? it was 4L to buy, even if it was just a prim tinted yellow and adding glow, there is nothing abusive about it ? if it said that it was scripted and so on, then flagging the item in the listing sure, but I am not sure why a 4L anything would need an abuse report ? for all we know it could be something sitting in MP since 2006. 

Even leaving a bad review is questionable, if it is what it said it was going to be, then it is actually exactly as promised so would be a 5 star thing. Again if it lead the customer to believe something it wasn't then buyer beware, but a review should be honest. It was exactly as stated but it was not exactly what was expected etc.

Edited by Sasy Scarborough
  • Like 1

I could only find one halo on the MP for L$4. It says that it glows and it does.  It also has a script in it that makes it emit white sparkly light.

OP left a review saying the box was too difficult to open - that she "joined the group and tried to place it down, but it was just too stubborn". 

I think we have a case of the OP maybe not understanding how to unpack a box.  I had no issues with upacking and wearing the halo.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 5

I went looking for a $4 halo and found one easily. Went through many other pages and didn't find another but there could be one of course.

IF the halo I found was "the" halo in question, it was made in 2011 or before.  It appears to have lots of glow and perhaps some particles. The listing appears to be legit in so much as it appears to be honest saying that this is a resell and that the person selling didn't make the item. And honestly a scam for 4 linden is hardly worth it. 

Comments on the item say that it is very hard to unpack, so it could be that the OP never actually got the halo out of the box. Another comment says that it doesn't attach correctly (wrong spot, wrong alignment -- don't know) but fixable if you know how to fix it. 

Made a halo. Sent it along. Good to work with prims now and again.

image.thumb.png.b38bcda3707c142ef244998eaf2ebec1.png

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I could only find one halo on the MP for L$4. It says that it glows and it does.  It also has a script in it that makes it emit white sparkly light.

OP left a review saying the box was too difficult to open - that she "joined the group and tried to place it down, but it was just too stubborn". 

I think we have a case of the OP maybe not understanding how to unpack a box.  I had no issues with upacking and wearing the halo.

16 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

I went looking for a $4 halo and found one easily. Went through many other pages and didn't find another but there could be one of course.

IF the halo I found was "the" halo in question, it was made in 2011 or before.  It appears to have lots of glow and perhaps some particles. The listing appears to be legit in so much as it appears to be honest saying that this is a resell and that the person selling didn't make the item. And honestly a scam for 4 linden is hardly worth it. 

Comments on the item say that it is very hard to unpack, so it could be that the OP never actually got the halo out of the box. Another comment says that it doesn't attach correctly (wrong spot, wrong alignment -- don't know) but fixable if you know how to fix it. 

Made a halo. Sent it along. Good to work with prims now and again.

image.thumb.png.b38bcda3707c142ef244998eaf2ebec1.png

You are both awesome (I was foruming from my tablet) , I am glad you found it and it was that simple, so yes probably just misunderstanding of unpacking etc. 

1 hour ago, Sasy Scarborough said:

I am curious why would this be an abuse report situation ? it was 4L to buy, even if it was just a prim tinted yellow and adding glow, there is nothing abusive about it ? if it said that it was scripted and so on, then flagging the item in the listing sure, but I am not sure why a 4L anything would need an abuse report ? for all we know it could be something sitting in MP since 2006. 

Even leaving a bad review is questionable, if it is what it said it was going to be, then it is actually exactly as promised so would be a 5 star thing. Again if it lead the customer to believe something it wasn't then buyer beware, but a review should be honest. It was exactly as stated but it was not exactly what was expected etc.

I agree that $L4 is a trivial amount.  The OP said "the halo had nothing inside it"...I assumed that she meant the box was empty.  If that was the case, it's an "empty box" scam, and definitely reportable.  If she meant that the halo did not function as advertised, that would be another matter.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I agree that $L4 is a trivial amount.  The OP said "the halo had nothing inside it"...I assumed that she meant the box was empty.  If that was the case, it's an "empty box" scam, and definitely reportable.  If she meant that the halo did not function as advertised, that would be another matter.

I read that as meaning, the halo has no scripts inside, I am glad I asked, interesting to see different takes on things.

• Like 2

there is one other side to this, the op bought it and has it but just didnt like it and wants their money back so they get something else instead now. and the plea of having so little lindens is a pity plea. they could always go to some sims that have sploders or trivia or linden realms to farm up some extra lindens in their free times.

On 2/3/2019 at 10:16 PM, Lindal Kidd said:

• Size X 0.019
    • Size Y 0.217
    • Size Z 0.217
    • Hole Size X 1.0
    • Hole Size Y 0.10
  • Set Glow to 0.20

That'll show 'em!

now to this.. that was just awesome you took the time to write that out to explain to someone how to make their own. and they could always probably find a script in the scripts sections of the forums to add particle effects to it for added bling if wanted.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1885 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.