Resident does not appear in inworld search and cannot be abuse reported

Pixieplumb Flanagan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1915 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

9 answers to this question

It's a bug that some account names don't appear in the people picker you use when filing an AR, adding someone to the allowed or ban lists of land & sharing inventory etc.
ALL account names should appear in the people picker, even banned & deleted accounts.

There is a JIRA issue for this bug filed by LL support, but it's not public because it's naming certain residents.

I would file a support ticket & explain this account does not appear in the people picker and reference JIRA issue BUG-2341 - Choose Resident picker problems (not public).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

27 minutes ago, Pixieplumb Flanagan said:

I recently had cause to file an AR, but when I opened the Resident picker the person concerned did not show up.  There were similar names, but not the correct one.  I was using the official LL name, NOT a display name.  Can anyone advise how best to proceed?  An AR cannot be filed without a name.

While I have never done this, I have seen folks advising to use "Governor Linden".   I can remember having this same problem long ago but likely I just gave up. Most of the time the griefers just make another avatar anyway -- sadly.  Good luck.  If you use this route be sure and explain WHY and that you double checked etc.   

Adding to this ---  Just waking up :D.

If you didn't find the name it is likely that the avatar has already been reported and is gone. That's the plus side I guess!

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Thanks 1

What Chic and Fiona said.

• If I can't find a person in the People tab of Firestorm's Search window (legacy search engine) I can often find them in the Websearch tab...and sometimes the other way around.
  • If I absolutely can't find the name of someone who needs killin', I'll use "Governor Linden" as the person reported, and explain in the body of the report.
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Pixieplumb Flanagan said:

It's very odd, because I could find them in search, but not in the avatar picker in an AR nor to ban in land. However, I took Chic's advice and I hope that will be the end of it.  Unpleasant, but these things happen.  Thank you to all who offered help and advice; it was very kind indeed and most appreciated.  You're lovely xxxx

Yes, oddly they CAN be in search (maybe that isn't updated as often) and not be in the complaint avatar picker :D.  Seems likely that the avatar picker gets updated RIGHT away (to halt redundant reports) and search not so fast.  Just a guess from what does seem to happen.  

• Like 1

It's very odd, because I could find them in search, but not in the avatar picker in an AR nor to ban in land. However, I took Chic's advice and I hope that will be the end of it.  Unpleasant, but these things happen.  Thank you to all who offered help and advice; it was very kind indeed and most appreciated.  You're lovely xxxx

On 1/27/2019 at 10:14 AM, Pixieplumb Flanagan said:

Just a thought, but if you found them in search, doesn't the people picker for AR's allow you to paste in their UUID from their profile?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1915 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.