Voice or Text?

RachelWales

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1908 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

9 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

I suspect that you are experiencing something like the selective focus syndrome.

I'm sure that's part of of my ability to "ignore" the ringing. That said, MRI studies have shown that tinnitus may arise from the precuneus, a brain region which itself connects to the "attention network" and the "default" network. The precuneus of tinnitus patients is more connected to the dorsal attention network than for the general population. So it seems that our brains pay more attention to something, which manifests as tinnitus and may also mean we're less able to attend to other things. I might think my tinnitus isn't affecting me unless I notice it, but I suspect that's not true. A scan of my brain might not show this wiring difference, as I only acquired tinnitus recently, but wonder if I won't show the same precuneus change over time.

There's another Invisible Gorilla demonstration that can fool even people who know a gorilla is going to appear (as I did before seeing the video for the first time years ago)...

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Both of those links prove my statement correct. Not sure what you were going for there. 

It sucks for people with disabilities, but it's true. Quick, efficient communication makes things easier.

The good news is, nothing in SL is so important that those extra steps or savings in seconds are needed. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gadget Portal said:

Both of those links prove my statement correct. Not sure what you were going for there. 

It sucks for people with disabilities, but it's true. Quick, efficient communication makes things easier.

The good news is, nothing in SL is so important that those extra steps or savings in seconds are needed. 

tenor.gif

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1908 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.