Makeup/brow for classic head on Lara body

Tiziana Corleone

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1931 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

8 minutes ago, Tiziana Corleone said:

I'm looking for huds/appliers/etc. for makeup and brows with a classic head

by classic head do you mean the SL default avatar ? or is that the name of some brands head,  if sl default you don't use huds and appliers you use system layers old school wise

15 minutes ago, Tiziana Corleone said:

Yes, it's the default SL head .. so I can use an Omega or Maitreya applier?

NO. You need TEXTURES, not appliers. Not many folks make them any longer. Not sure if Bakes on Mesh textures will work on the classic heads. Seems so from what I have read but I haven't been that interested.   You might try alaskametro (a store) who I believe has classic textures in some of the makeup packs.  There are likely ones on the Marketplace also. 

18 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Not sure if Bakes on Mesh textures will work on the classic heads.

yes they are no different than regular old fashioned layers, so when you apply anything they go to the system body first and then show on your mesh, so if you are not logged into the bake on mesh viewer you look like this, those things would be on my mesh if I was using that viewer, so it will be an awesome thing for those that have old system stuff because it will be so many options :)

2d4c3f1dbe87ed261853e1ca2ebd7a55.jpg

Edited by Sasy Scarborough

16 minutes ago, Tiziana Corleone said:

OK!! I never heard of Baked on Mesh! available on MP?

It is not live yet, it is in beta though you can download the beta viewer from the Second Life website to use it. Once it goes live though it is going to be epic to wear system layers again, also meaning we are not going to suffer alpha masking issues etc

On 1/21/2019 at 10:23 PM, Tiziana Corleone said:

Wow! thanks!! I have tons of makeup from the old classic avatar days ... I'll check out alaskametro!

Don't get too excited. Bakes On Mesh (BoM) is not out yet. You can get a Project Viewer that will allow you to use BoM. BUT ONLY those also using that viewer will see your avatar correctly. It will be 1 or more months before BoM rolls out as a main/default feature. I don't know of any designer that has a BoM head, body, etc. out on the market. I have a closer connection to Slink's designer and have been told BoM models are in the works.

Don't toss the old stuff. But, also do not count on it being usable. The BoM feature is designed to use the old system layers. But, how the result will look depends on lots of factors and we haven't sorted those out. So, most of us are speculating based on a tiny bit of experimenting with the Project Viewer and early BoM versions.

For Skin, you can get classic layer skin w/ a Maitreya body applier in matching tone from:  7 Deadly Skins, LAQ, Modish, Stix, WoW, Dulce Secrets, Adam & Eve, Birth, Asteria Creations, Ooh-la-licious

For classic heads, I have system tattoo layer makeup from these places:  Dulce Secrets, Alaskametro, Izzie's, Pink Acid, Sn@tch, LAQ, Ricielli, Zibska, mock, CowTea, Kissez, Ghetto Style, xxx, Glamorize

I'm seeing some stores that only used to do applier makeup start including what they are referring to as "Bakes on Mesh Tattoo Layer" makeup in their packages now.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1931 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.