Seeking Opinions, Please.

November Velde

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1929 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Heya everyone! I have a 4096m on adult rated land (located here: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Inca/247/236/22 ) and I am interested in selling it. It is a grid corner and water land. At the moment, it is not set for sale because I really don't know how much to ask for it. I've looked at other water parcels that are for sale, near and far. And sure, I can ask the same and have it sit there for months and months because it's such an outrageous price. So, in your opinion, what would be a decent price to sell it for? Would 70,000L$ be too much? 100,000L$ I've sold Horizons parcels for way under what everyone else did and they sell quick when I do. With this parcel, I'd like to be...trendy?...or at least get the best bang for my buck.

as you ask for opinions ...
why would i pay 100k for a 4096 parcel, where i can do exacyly the same as on any 4096 m parcel on the grid, but for 1L per sqm?

Of course this is a very simple comparision... but i'm pretty serious about it, i can sail on the blake sea with a simple tp, i can as non business do exactly the same on any moderate /adult parcel at any location on the grid.

Edited by Ethan Paslong
  • Like 2

Don't want to be too critical but the fact is, the places outside are not sailable waters. You are actually landlocked (I know it's on water but you get the gist) unless you manage to buy your way into Harkey.

If your neighbours setup ban lines and just decide to not log on, that parcel is about as good as other 4096m2 and you will have no chance to expand. IMO $15k tops. But that's just me.I mean double protected is nice but if they want less render they would just make a skybox of which you can get for 0.5~1L per sqm on other areas.

Edited by iamyourneighbour
  • Like 1

On 1/11/2019 at 1:53 AM, Ethan Paslong said:

as you ask for opinions ...
why would i pay 100k for a 4096 parcel, where i can do exacyly the same as on any 4096 m parcel on the grid, but for 1L per sqm?

Of course this is a very simple comparision... but i'm pretty serious about it, i can sail on the blake sea with a simple tp, i can as non business do exactly the same on any moderate /adult parcel at any location on the grid.

Show me ANY adult land for 1L per sqm and I will buy it all :)

22 minutes ago, Malin Sabra said:

Show me ANY adult land for 1L per sqm and I will buy it all :)

real adult land is mostly only needed for businesses, for 95% of the private use Moderate rating is more than suitable.

Furthermore.. the OP asked for opinions, replying to my opinion is kinda irrelevant.

On 1/10/2019 at 7:13 PM, November Velde said:

Heya everyone! I have a 4096m on adult rated land (located here: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Inca/247/236/22 ) and I am interested in selling it. It is a grid corner and water land. At the moment, it is not set for sale because I really don't know how much to ask for it. I've looked at other water parcels that are for sale, near and far. And sure, I can ask the same and have it sit there for months and months because it's such an outrageous price. So, in your opinion, what would be a decent price to sell it for? Would 70,000L$ be too much? 100,000L$ I've sold Horizons parcels for way under what everyone else did and they sell quick when I do. With this parcel, I'd like to be...trendy?...or at least get the best bang for my buck.

You can't advertise it as 'water accessible' or anything like that because you cannot actually enter those neighboring water-like sims.  You can say it is a protected corner lot, with void sims on 2 sides.  Many people will still desire that and the Adult rating is also desirable by many.  Selling it at L$100,000 comes out to roughly L$24.5 per sqm.  I only see one other corner parcel in the area and it is an 8640 sqm piece listed at L$47.7 per sqm.  Thus I'd say the L$100,000 is a decent starting point for the area.  If it doesn't sell after a few days to a week, then I'd drop down to around L$20 per sqm.  Keep reducing as you wish every few days/weeks, depending on how quickly you want to sell.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1929 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.