Help with Maitreya skin

JermaniSteele

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2095 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Are you wearing a mesh head?

If you are, sometimes when you put on the the alpha for the head it will remove the body alpha in the process. Not sure why this happens.

Most mesh heads come with two alphas, one of which covers the entire body. Try using that instead of the separate head/body alphas. 

If the alpha wasn't working then you'd see that 'layered skin' effect across the whole body. The problem is caused by the jeans themselves. (I know this only because some designers of male clothing do the same thing). I looked up Villena jeans on Marketplace, and found those specific ones: the Distorted Boyfriend Jeans. Note the below included in the description:

villena_jeans.PNG.903cff1791231298496438a78de6e489.PNG

There's also an image of the skin HUD and tinting options on Marketplace:

villena_jeans01.PNG.1642e4486834949b28dc242b101943c6.PNG

In short: the jeans come with included mesh 'bare legs' that you need to tint. Those bare legs cannot be disabled or removed. What you need to do is hide the legs of your Maitreya body and use the jeans' tinting HUD to tint the bare legs as close to your skin tone as you can.

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Skell Dagger said:

If the alpha wasn't working then you'd see that 'layered skin' effect across the whole body. The problem is caused by the jeans themselves. (I know this only because some designers of male clothing do the same thing). I looked up Villena jeans on Marketplace, and found those specific ones: the Distorted Boyfriend Jeans. Note the below included in the description:

villena_jeans.PNG.903cff1791231298496438a78de6e489.PNG

There's also an image of the skin HUD and tinting options on Marketplace:

villena_jeans01.PNG.1642e4486834949b28dc242b101943c6.PNG

In short: the jeans come with included mesh 'bare legs' that you need to tint. Those bare legs cannot be disabled or removed. What you need to do is hide the legs of your Maitreya body and use the jeans' tinting HUD to tint the bare legs as close to your skin tone as you can.

I definitely didn't notice this! Thank you, and thank you to all who posted.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2095 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.