What to do about people harrassing me and a friend using alts?

Madame Drammond

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1943 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello,

So recently me and a friend have been facing harassment from two people we used to work for. They thought we were the same person using alts to ruin their organization which was complete and utter nonsense. Since I blocked them, and my friend the same, they've been visiting my friend's land and it just makes me worried they're messing with us. I don't want to get hacked or my friend to get hacked. What do we do to stay safe from these two loons?

5 answers to this question

On 12/22/2018 at 10:09 PM, Madame Drammond said:

Hello,

So recently me and a friend have been facing harassment from two people we used to work for. They thought we were the same person using alts to ruin their organization which was complete and utter nonsense. Since I blocked them, and my friend the same, they've been visiting my friend's land and it just makes me worried they're messing with us. I don't want to get hacked or my friend to get hacked. What do we do to stay safe from these two loons?

One other thing you can do as you say they are visiting your friends land is to set the land to group member only access and then only those you invite can go there. Depending on what you are doing with the land this might be a bad or good idea.

• Like 2

You cant get hacked by them coming there. You could get tricked into accepting a permissions request and then allowing them to drain your L$ or to take control over your avatar by that means. But that is not being hacked.

To stop it, well make the land group access only or private and then add who you want to the access list, unless its a club or something else like a store which could have a negative impact on business. The caveat to group access is if it set to a group and that group is open to joining they could join and then come back. if not your back in the same boat if running a club or store of it negatively impacting the club or store.

You could alternatively get a land security system and have it set to kick after a short time, giving someone time enough to allow those wanted in but keeping anyone else out.

Now if they use alts there is not a lot you can do but contact LL and report each new alt that comes to harass you. Though this might not really ever solve the issue for some people don't ever give up. There is a member in sl that has been in sl for 10 years or so and gets banned every few days, he simply makes a new account and continues on. rejoining groups and posting what he does to be banned a few days later and back shortly after that.

So you get left with blocking them and just moving on hoping for them to eventually tire out which determined how upset they got could be months or never.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1943 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.