How do I use my Premium Bonus on land I bought?

SheWerekin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1961 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I recently became a premium member and bought my first Parcel on the mainland that is 2,080 sqm. When buying it I believed 1,024 sqm of the 2,080 sqm would be tier fee-free. Is there something I'm missing?
Is there a way to use my 1,024 sqm tier free on my bought land to lower the tier?

Currently, on my Land Use Fees page, it says I have to pay $13 a month in tier fees. 

11 answers to this question

1 hour ago, SheWerekin said:

I'd also like to know as well! I really like the way my parcel is shaped and if I just had to have it as group owned land I have a friend who I was going to share the land with already.

make a group. You will be the owner of the group. Make a new second alt avatar account. Add your new alt account to the group. Groups need to have at least 2 members. in the About Land \ General dialog: Deed your parcel to your group. Contribute your tier to the group. You will own the group. Your group will own the parcel. You will have all the same rights as you would when owning the parcel directly in your own name

groups get a free 10% parcel bonus.  2048 + 10% = 2048 + 204 = 2252 meters. 2080 is less than 2252, so you will only pay extra tier for 1024 meters or $7 extra per month over your premium

a thing about creating a 2nd account. If you make that account premium also then it will get a 1024m tier allowance, plus the stipend.  Your 2nd account can also contribute tier to your group. So the combined group tier contributions will be 2048 worth in total. And you will not have to pay any further monthly extra tier payments

the arithmetic:

1 premium account:  $US72 pa / 12 months = $US6 per month + $7 per month extra tier = $13 per month. Return is  2048 tiers + 300L weekly stipend

2 * premium account: $US144 / 12 months = $12 per month.  Return is: 2048 tiers + 600L weekly stipend combined

a thing about adding your 2nd account to the group. Make your alt account a group owner. This way if you make a mistake like leaving your group (which can happen by mistake sometimes when we are in a hurry to cleaning up our groups lists) then you can use your 2nd account to invite you back into the group as an owner

a final thing about group sharing with friends

when adding a friend to your group: add them as a group member. Do not add them as a group owner. Accounts that are group owners cannot be removed by you (should removal from the group become necessary). A group owner has to voluntarily resign their ownership by leaving the group. Is your money, your group and your land. Most friends accept this and will also accept not being a owner and happy to just be a member and live with you on your land

• Like 3

I recently became a premium member and bought my first Parcel on the mainland that is 2,080 sqm. When buying it I believed 1,024 sqm of the 2,080 sqm would be tier fee-free. Is there something I'm missing?
Is there a way to use my 1,024 sqm tier free on my bought land to lower the tier?

Currently, on my Land Use Fees page, it says I have to pay $13 a month in tier fees.

It's usually automatic...

Amount of Madlands you own, minus the 1024, is checked against the tier bands and they set a price...

However...

Just guessing here...

Do you have a LL Home as well as the 2080 on the Madlands?

2080 +512 -1024, is certainly over the 1024 Tier band...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Klytyna said:

also the 2080 only brings already in a uncomfy "just over the border" for the higher tier level with 32 sqm.

There must be, next to that indeed another parcel, Linden Home ór a groupsdonation that's not used for your own landholding.

You can check that easely at your accountpage using the land manager.

12 hours ago, Klytyna said:

It's usually automatic...

Amount of Madlands you own, minus the 1024, is checked against the tier bands and they set a price...

However...

Just guessing here...

Do you have a LL Home as well as the 2080 on the Madlands?

I do not have a LL home. I only have the parcel I bought.

12 hours ago, Ethan Paslong said:

also the 2080 only brings already in a uncomfy "just over the border" for the higher tier level with 32 sqm.

There must be, next to that indeed another parcel, Linden Home ór a groupsdonation that's not used for your own landholding.

You can check that easely at your accountpage using the land manager.

Here is everything I see when doing so and I am still extremely confused. 

Screenshot_20181212-161135.png

Screenshot_20181212-161244.png

Screenshot_20181212-161343.png

Here is everything I see when doing so and I am still extremely confused.

It's really simple...

"Tier" goes in "bands", so if you have more than the amount of paid land for a band, you pay the fee for the next band up.

if you had bought a 2048 sqm parcel, your tier band would have been 2048, minus your "tier free" 1024, leaving you paying monthly fees on the lower band, but you didn't, you bought 2080 sqm, which pushes you over the limit into the next, and much larger and more expensive tier band.

Bad news is if you own enough land, even for a couple of minutes, to qualify for a higher tier band, you have to pay that bands fee for the whole month.

So, you are stuck with paying $13 this month, BUT, if you sell off or abandon 32 sqm of land before the next Tier day, then you can drop back down to the lower level for the next billing period.

• Like 1

2048 would be normal, my suspicion is the parcel was previously owned by a group of two to 4 individuals contributing to a group owned land and taking advantage of the group owned bonus tier. Can someone with more knowledge on the matter please do the math if switching to group owned land would drop SheWerekin enough to be on the 1024 tier or not?

Edited by Fionalein

1 hour ago, Fionalein said:

2048 would be normal, my suspicion is the parcel was previously owned by a group of two to 4 individuals contributing to a group owned land and taking advantage of the group owned bonus tier. Can someone with more knowledge on the matter please do the math if switching to group owned land would drop SheWerekin enough to be on the 1024 tier or not?

I'd also like to know as well! I really like the way my parcel is shaped and if I just had to have it as group owned land I have a friend who I was going to share the land with already.

4 hours ago, SheWerekin said:

no need to share it with a friend for that purpose,
make a group, create a alt and let her/him join that group too.
Also with a alt you get the 10% bonus.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ethan Paslong said:

no need to share it with a friend for that purpose,
make a group, create a alt and let her/him join that group too.
Also with a alt you get the 10% bonus.

2 hours ago, ellestones said:

make a group. You will be the owner of the group. Make a new second alt avatar account. Add your new alt account to the group. Groups need to have at least 2 members. in the About Land \ General dialog: Deed your parcel to your group. Contribute your tier to the group. You will own the group. Your group will own the parcel. You will have all the same rights as you would when owning the parcel directly in your own name

groups get a free 10% parcel bonus.  2048 + 10% = 2048 + 204 = 2252 meters. 2080 is less than 2252, so you will only pay extra tier for 1024 meters or $7 extra per month over your premium

a thing about creating a 2nd account. If you make that account premium also then it will get a 1024m tier allowance, plus the stipend.  Your 2nd account can also contribute tier to your group. So the combined group tier contributions will be 2048 worth in total. And you will not have to pay any further monthly extra tier payments

the arithmetic:

1 premium account:  $US72 pa / 12 months = $US6 per month + $7 per month extra tier = $13 per month. Return is  2048 tiers + 300L weekly stipend

2 * premium account: $US144 / 12 months = $12 per month.  Return is: 2048 tiers + 600L weekly stipend combined

a thing about adding your 2nd account to the group. Make your alt account a group owner. This way if you make a mistake like leaving your group (which can happen by mistake sometimes when we are in a hurry to cleaning up our groups lists) then you can use your 2nd account to invite you back into the group as an owner

a final thing about group sharing with friends

when adding a friend to your group: add them as a group member. Do not add them as a group owner. Accounts that are group owners cannot be removed by you (should removal from the group become necessary). A group owner has to voluntarily resign their ownership by leaving the group. Is your money, your group and your land. Most friends accept this and will also accept not being a owner and happy to just be a member and live with you on your land

I totally forgot I could use my alt thank you! I got everything fixed up and solved! Thank you all for being so helpful!

• Like 1

SheWereKin,

I'm glad you got your problem resolved!  This response will be a bit late for you, but I'm going to put it here anyway, because it might help someone in the future.

As Kly pointed out, the system is working the way it's supposed to.  You get 1024 sq m. tier-free with your Premium membership, and pay tier on anything over 1024.  In your case, that's 2080 - 1024 = 1056

Unfortunately, that puts you over the limit for the 1024 tier level of $7 per month, edging you into the next tier, the 2048 level, at $13 per month.

You could split off 32 sq m and abandon or sell it.  That would make your maximum land use (1024free + 1024) = 2048, and you'd pay tier on 1024, or $7 per month.

OR, you could create a group with you and your alt.  Then deed the land to your group, and donate your tier to the group.  Groups get a 10% tier bonus on the Mainland.  Your alt does not have to be a Premium member to do this.

If the land is group owned, you can own a maximum of (1024free + 1024) x 1.10 = 2252 sq. m, while still keeping your tier fees at $7 per month.

For more on group-owned land, see: https://community.secondlife.com/knowledgebase/english/group-owned-land-r32/

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1961 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.