Items including non copy are returned without notice nor any official termination of land renewal.

Caridee Sparta

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1980 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello,

I would like to know if it's allowed for the landlady to remove/return all items in the sim including non copy because of 1 day late rent payment and with no official termination of land renewal as a tenant?I have informed her a few days before the end of the rent that I will remove everything in the sim myself and due to busy days in RL,I Iogged in SL a day after the rent due date to find out all my things has been auto return to me in the pretext of she had to advertise the sim in the weekend.Its my first experience and I have rented standalone homesteads from this person for about 4 years not including other smaller parcels few years before.Is this normal?

6 answers to this question

27 minutes ago, Caridee Sparta said:

Hello,

I would like to know if it's allowed for the landlady to remove/return all items in the sim including non copy because of 1 day late rent payment and with no official termination of land renewal as a tenant?I have informed her a few days before the end of the rent that I will remove everything in the sim myself and due to busy days in RL,I Iogged in SL a day after the rent due date to find out all my things has been auto return to me in the pretext of she had to advertise the sim in the weekend.Its my first experience and I have rented standalone homesteads from this person for about 4 years not including other smaller parcels few years before.Is this normal?

Though it might sound unfair, it is totally allowed.  Its a business to the landlord and if she was aware you planned on leaving she has to find a new tenant who maybe wanted the sim there and then and if made to wait a day would just go rent elsewhere.  

• Like 3

The landowner has total authority to set and execute policy regarding who may use or visit the land.  See the TOS (Sect 3.4): 

"You may permit or deny other users to access your Virtual Land on terms determined by you."

The landowner is not required to post policy, and may change it at any time without notice.  As the landowner, she can decide when she needs to make room for a new tenant and return all of your stuff, if necessary.

If your items were returned as one group item (a coalesced item with a symbol that looks like multiple boxes), it is likely that your non-copy items are included in that group.   When you rez that group item out, you will want to make sure that you do so in a large area, like a sandbox, to ensure that there is enough room and LI.  Then you can pick up the items individually.  

To be fair, if the last communication she had from you was that you were going to be picking your items up, and then you failed to do so before the rent expired and without any further communication with her, I can easily understand her returning your items after the rental expiration.  If the landowner uses a rental system where the rental system removes you from the rental group as soon as the rental expires, that in itself may have initiated the return of the items. 

Although different landowners have different policies on whether they provide a grace period on late rent, they are under no obligation to do so, especially if you have indicated that you weren't going to be continuing with the rental.  This isn't RL so official notifications and notices aren't required, especially beyond the rental terms provided to you when the rental was initiated.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Though it might sound unfair, it is totally allowed.  Its a business to the landlord and if she was aware you planned on leaving she has to find a new tenant who maybe wanted the sim there and then and if made to wait a day would just go rent elsewhere.  

No she mentioned that she intend to advertise the place over the weekend and that was on the day my rent was 1 day due.But I could also not inform her anything and just pack my things like many people and leave but I did not since I have rented for a few years now.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1980 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.