Opinions wanted, on Geralt Vs Gianni

Heathernorton

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2127 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I moved this topic from the fashion thread, sorry about the double post but I tried to kill it when i realized this was likely the better spot for it

Hi there

I am helping someone build a new look and he was asking my opinion about Geralt Vs Gianni. I don't know much about Male mesh avis so I figured I would ask here

this is what I see so far from looking

Gianni

• Older and more supported with clothes
  • seems to have a better alpha HUD (more cuts)

Geralt

• fewer defined muscles (this appeals to my friend)

They both look good, more concerned about support and the mechanics, I have purchased mesh bodies and soon had almost no clothes for them until I finally purchased Maitreya.  I know how much of a frustrating and expensive mistake that was.

I am certain you all can help as I really don't know much about either. I have searched some blogs and videos 

Found a good one from someone on here "Virtual Bloke" but it was dated in April, so I don't know if there has been many changes now or how well Geralt is supported with clothing after its release earlier this year

Thanks for your help!

I’ve helped a couple of guys out and I get a weird type of satisfaction doing it. Gianni has more support, because it’s older. But Geralt has a good deal of support when you go to events like “Mancave” etc.

So in short, it really comes down to what he likes. They’re both really good choices. It’s kind of like the difference between a Belleza Freya and Isis. Freya is more supported, but Isis enjoys a good deal of support too, though not as much.

• Thanks 1

Mine is the Virtual Bloke blog that you saw the Gianni/Geralt comparison on, yes :)

5 minutes ago, Heathernorton said:

is the head worth getting? it half off I see.

The Catwa 'Dude' head? Absolutely worth it. The offer is only on until midnight tonight, though, so make sure to grab the demo as soon as you can. This is how I had it looking after about five minutes of tweaking:

45252791784_2cda6e1d8e_c.jpg

(Skin by Birth, facial hair by CDC Creations, eyes by Avi-Glam, eyeshadow by Zibska, brows by Identity Body Shop. ears by L'Etre.)

7 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

Mine is the Virtual Bloke blog that you saw the Gianni/Geralt comparison on, yes :)

The Catwa 'Dude' head? Absolutely worth it. The offer is only on until midnight tonight, though, so make sure to grab the demo as soon as you can. This is how I had it looking after about five minutes of tweaking:

45252791784_2cda6e1d8e_c.jpg

(Skin by Birth, facial hair by CDC Creations, eyes by Avi-Glam, eyeshadow by Zibska, brows by Identity Body Shop. ears by L'Etre.)

the head that was on sale was the geralt head..  is Catwa having a sale?!!? (I hope not, Im gonna go broke from the thanksgiving sales already!!) 🦃

Ah, I wasn't aware that the Geralt head was also on sale. Be aware that you'll probably struggle to find any appliers for it. I've seen exactly one Signature head applier in the last few months.

There is only one head that's half price at Catwa today: the new male release mentioned above. No other Catwa heads are discounted.

2 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

Ah, I wasn't aware that the Geralt head was also on sale. Be aware that you'll probably struggle to find any appliers for it. I've seen exactly one Signature head applier in the last few months.

There is only one head that's half price at Catwa today: the new male release mentioned above. No other Catwa heads are discounted.

Thank you, Ill tell him about that, Im sure the HUD has to be like mine so I can help him with that, id have no clue on a signature head

3 hours ago, Ethan Paslong said:

two more for the Dude head, first with a Avi Glam (Connor Latte tone) second Clef de Peau skin in tone 2

301248170_dudeAGconner.jpg.05c11e1917df428fc7013c5bab0791bb.jpg

1136416132_dudewithcdpt2.jpg.b597b81e001b5b2d238762b244236004.jpg

He got the Geralt Body and dude head!

Im guessing you all reshaped that considerably because i cant get anywhere close helping him, lol

messing with it is half the fun though I suppose 🤩

8 minutes ago, Heathernorton said:

He got the Geralt Body and dude head!

Congrats! Great combination :)

8 minutes ago, Heathernorton said:

Im guessing you all reshaped that considerably because i cant get anywhere close helping him, lol

I just made minor tweaks to the lips, nose, and cheeks. I don't think Ethan has made any tweaks to his, since I'm fairly certain in another thread he said those images were straight out of the box with the standard shape.

Skins and lighting matter greatly with a head, so trying some skin demos will be worth it.

10 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

Congrats! Great combination :)

I just made minor tweaks to the lips, nose, and cheeks. I don't think Ethan has made any tweaks to his, since I'm fairly certain in another thread he said those images were straight out of the box with the standard shape.

Skins and lighting matter greatly with a head, so trying some skin demos will be worth it.

I'm sure thats it, we just messed around with the skin that came with it

so yeah, I can def see that lighting means everything, Just look at the things sold on MP that never seem to look like that when you get them home 🤨

3 hours ago, Heathernorton said:

Skell said already :) .. didnt tweak the shapes yet, only added the for me standard brows applier from CDP and a beard/stubble from Nivarro.
At the pic with the AG skin i used the browversion head applier and AG groupgift eyes applier ( at the mainstore for free if you'r in the group)

Windlight : Annan Adored Optimal Skin, it's one of the shadowless settings to show a skin "blank"as it is. For more advanced looks you will find a lot at Skells flickr/blog, also with other heads, a great place to get inspired.

The shape is from Catwa, out of the box.

2 minutes ago, Ethan Paslong said:

Skell said already :) .. didnt tweak the shapes yet, only added the for me standard brows applier from CDP and a beard/stubble from Nivarro.
At the pic with the AG skin i used the browversion head applier and AG groupgift eyes applier ( at the mainstore for free if you'r in the group)

Windlight : Annan Adored Optimal Skin, it's one of the shadowless settings to show a skin "blank"as it is. For more advanced looks you will find a lot at Skells flickr/blog, also with other heads, a great place to get inspired.

The shape is from Catwa, out of the box.

Guess I am supposed to read every post he posts everywhere... 

this is what he posted in this thread

"The Catwa 'Dude' head? Absolutely worth it. The offer is only on until midnight tonight, though, so make sure to grab the demo as soon as you can. This is how I had it looking after about five minutes of tweaking:"

I read tweaking as... well... tweaking....

shrugs

9 minutes ago, Heathernorton said:

this is what he posted in this thread

"The Catwa 'Dude' head? Absolutely worth it. The offer is only on until midnight tonight, though, so make sure to grab the demo as soon as you can. This is how I had it looking after about five minutes of tweaking:"

I read tweaking as... well... tweaking....

shrugs

yes of course you have to keep up with the posts here...lol... and blogs... and websites ..and facebook, twitter... and a few more :)

I was aiming at what Skell said about my pics, not the pic he posted, it's quite clear he did some work on that one, he's an artist in that!

9 hours ago, Heathernorton said:

I think a bit of confusion has happened here :) What Ethan was referring to when he said the following -

10 hours ago, Ethan Paslong said:

Skell said already :) .. didnt tweak the shapes yet

- is what I said earlier in this thread, which is:

13 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

I don't think Ethan has made any tweaks to his, since I'm fairly certain in another thread he said those images were straight out of the box with the standard shape.

In short he was confirming what I'd said, a la: "Skell mentioned already in this thread that I hadn't made any tweaks to my head". When he later mentioned my Flickr and blog he meant to find - as he put it - "more advanced looks". Basically, I spend a lot of time styling my avatar, and I credit everything I wear so that people can find the items that they like from the looks that I put together and post on Flickr and my blog. He's not actually expecting you to go hunting through the forums to find every post that I've made ;)

Incidentally, the tweaks that I made were fairly minor, and amounted to literally twitching the sliders just a few points away from the base shape. The way that sliders work on mesh heads is that their effects are compound, relative to each other. If you move Slider 1 without moving Slider 2 you will get one look. But if you move Slider 2 first, and then move Slider 1, you will get an entirely different look. Add in Slider 3 (either before or after you move Slider 1 or Slider 2) and you'll get even more different looks.

Everything else in my image comes from the skin, the makeup, the angle, the lighting (in this case the Windlight setting used), and the post-processing (which, for me, is just a couple of filters; I don't photoshop my images intensely or anything like that. In fact, the main thing I do is just blend the mesh ears). That's one reason why - under the pic in this thread - I listed the stores I got the items from.

This is a crop of the original shot without any filters added (sorry; I don't remember which Windlight I was using!) -

190888021_beforepp.png.352ca7673f9978bc2b8bfd636348ded9.png

And this is the exact same look taken in a bright Windlight setting. I just logged in especially to take this one, and I made sure it was front-facing, as Ethan (mostly) is in his images, so you can see the comparison. If you look at just the shape of the face, you can see that it's not all that different from the others shown here. The changes all come from the appliers used. Yes, the jaw looks a little more pointed and angular on Ethan's pictures, but I'm not sure if he uses the same camera zoom (CTRL+0) that I do. CTRL+0 doesn't elongate the face like the scrollwheel zoom does (an example of the difference those two zoom types make can be found here), but gives you a more accurate representation (in your own viewer) of what you actually look like -

763498319_beforeppdifflight.thumb.png.4d0d36acf81fcf6aa36d429a6a1c28ae.png

Edited by Skell Dagger
Typo

I got myself geralt but I'm kinda disappointed on the crotch area that the skin got stretch out when i increase the slider of saddle bags. Also some AO especially when my avi stretch out his legs, the stretched skin become really noticable. So I think it's not really suited for using bare undies. :(

Edited by elixdude

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2127 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.