How do you get furniture to move up the stairs?

MishaC25

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2034 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Ok, so, probably stupid question: why have an "engine" that is separate at all? Why not just put the scripts directly into the bed?

Or is the idea that the "engine" can be detached, and used for other beds?

PrimPossible is very expensive, and their beds might not be everybodys style visually. I had one such engine from TNT, I think. Wonder if I still have it. You rez it over any bed, and it is transparent, so when you click on the bed, you really hit the engine.

• Like 1

The engine is a good tool if your cute bed is "no mod" or a precious gacha...

Advanced builders might also consider putting the engine into a rezzer that is activated via holodeck or proximity sensor to have the sex bed hidden from guests. (Anyone who never thought about this before and now wants too: please only use real rezzers, furniture temp-rezzers are an abomination).

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Ok, so, probably stupid question: why have an "engine" that is separate at all? Why not just put the scripts directly into the bed?

Or is the idea that the "engine" can be detached, and used for other beds?

Pamela is right.  Lots of people love the look of Bed A, but want the animations of Bed B.  Or, a creator may be great at making mesh furniture, but terrible at scripting and animating.  There are a huge number of beds (and other furniture and objects) that use popular engines.

• Thanks 1

On 11/19/2018 at 1:26 AM, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I've had mattresses get stuck going up stairs more times than I can count.

(Although, generally, to be honest, it's not usually me who is moving it. Because mattresses are heavy and awkward and, really, what else are men for if not that? Right?)

I read that as "I've had mistresses get stuck..." 😂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Pamela is right.  Lots of people love the look of Bed A, but want the animations of Bed B.  Or, a creator may be great at making mesh furniture, but terrible at scripting and animating.  There are a huge number of beds (and other furniture and objects) that use popular engines.

This is actually beginning to ring bells. I'm mildly surprised that one can mix-and-match this way, but I guess it must make some business sense, especially for bed makers who aren't great at scripting or producing animations?

So, if you attach the engine incorrectly, do you end up having sex with someone upside down, or suspended vertically above the bed????

ETA: I just read Marianne's post above: now I get it, I think. The engine isn't actually attached to the bed? Just invisibly above it?

(Clearly I am lacking important experience in the use of sex beds.)

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2034 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.