MICRO AVATARS

Wildcat Furse

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4744 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey all, just wanted to share this. While wandering around the grid today I met a cute little avatar, well little .... MICRO yes, never thought this size existed in second life....so cute. She explained me that it gives a lot of advantages; more space to play within the same sim, a sim suddenly looks like 30-50x bigger, flying is fun, sailing, no sim crossings ..... she showed me some MICRO boats and planes and a location where they do MICRO sailing races .... below some pictures I took. Cute aren't they :smileyvery-happy: *meows*

MICROAVATAR.jpg

MICROAVATAR2.jpg

MICROAVATAR3.jpg

Braclo Eber wrote:

They sure are awesome! :smileyhappy: Bit hard sometimes getting the clothes to fit right and so on, but their fun overall ^^

I recently made a machinima with them actually :smileyvery-happy:

OMG, that is literally one of the cutest and kewlest things I've ever seen on SL! lol

hehe Thankyou...They are great fun, though the one downside is that no one seems to have anything to say to you apart from OMG you're so small, cute, tiny etc and after a while you start wondering why people don`t seem able to hold a normal conversation with something that small LOL :D

Even so they are brilliant escapism & they do seem to make people laugh, which is always good :)

OH, the vehicles thing is an idea that passed through my head a few years back lol. I know it must have passed through anothers, at least one other person and figured someone would do this eventually lol Yeah, this solves the space and costs issue a bit, you can put in way more curves and so on. I really wanted to make little micro racer outfitted avatars with helmets ect. so they are simple. People get an AO with the vehicle OR just build in the little racer into the vehicle and then use a crushing anim and an invis attache on sit. I revisited this thought a few times and this year I sort of forgot about it until I see these micro's! I actually did see the scaled down car thing lol. The made an animation that put the avatars body below the surface and I remember trying it but I don't compete lol.

It saves so much space and I do remember another person saying "if you make everything smaller.." type of argument way back..so, yeah, I knew it was a common idea and someone would do it lol. It is a easy way to gain space. I currently only have a tiny av or three. I still never got anims and physics done on tiny versions of my cars and other vehicles I am working on. Rent is so much lower cost when you are a tiny lol. At least to park your vehicles. And they work out geat as the roads are HUGE and you don't hit walls as much! Plus, you can easily find space for rezzing littl tracks...if you make them. Another part of the package I have only an R/C one partially done and never scaled it up for tinies and worked on the rest of the textures....wow, so many forgotten projects this is now reminding me of!

But, yeah...totally great idea. Less is more sort of thing lol. I need to figure out how to make that tiny race car with raceguy built into it, it is the shortest path to utilizing space better and squeezing in more turns and better length tracks. Thanks for sharing you pics ect!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4744 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.