Transparency

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2075 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• 3 weeks later...

no one? how does one change the opacity setting of Transparency Mode? having it 100% (completely solid) really obscures any details of the transparent object. i'd like to revert it back to its default state. i'll check the dreaded debug settings....

On 10/14/2018 at 4:56 AM, EnCore Mayne said:

i must have mucked up something in my Firestorm viewer. looking at the world with Transparency ON (Ctrl-Alt-T) used to show all transparent objects with a slight opacity. now they are 100% opaque. anyone know how to reset it so they aren't so solid?

Perhaps someone else will reply who has had your experience. I shall page @Whirly Fizzle.

Ctrl+Alt+T is 'Highlight Transparent' and is in the Firestorm Advanced / Highlighting and Visibility.  However, for as long as I've been in SL, it has always been used to show things that are transparent and it shows them in red, as in the picture below.  I've never experienced it as any shades of grey - I even cycled through all of the Firestorm windlight settings and still never got away from the red.  I can't even find a place anywhere in Firestorm to override that red.

image.thumb.png.aec204651793979c93a8182af3404a27.png

• Like 2

A little while back I started seeing both red and blue when I turn on 'highlight transparent'.  Items that are using alpha masking show up in blue, and items that use alpha blending show up in red. It was my understanding that this was a feature added to FS, which I've found to be helpful.  EnCore - is this what you are referring to?

919419401_highlighttransparentexample_001.thumb.png.1642553c2963b7cf17ee9f365c73d891.png

40 minutes ago, moirakathleen said:

A little while back I started seeing both red and blue when I turn on 'highlight transparent'.  Items that are using alpha masking show up in blue, and items that use alpha blending show up in red. It was my understanding that this was a feature added to FS, which I've found to be helpful.  EnCore - is this what you are referring to?

919419401_highlighttransparentexample_001.thumb.png.1642553c2963b7cf17ee9f365c73d891.png

I am pretty sure you are seeing the two DIFFERENT types of transparency, Blended and Masked. That isn't the problem of the OP>  I am not actually sure what that problem is :D.  

58 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

I am pretty sure you are seeing the two DIFFERENT types of transparency, Blended and Masked. That isn't the problem of the OP>  I am not actually sure what that problem is :D.  

Yes, I am seeing 2 types (which is pretty cool).  It might not be the OP's issue, but I thought I'd put it out there, just in case. 

sorry for any confusion. essentially, whatever it's called, Highlight Transparency or my own redefined vernacular of Transparency Mode, it's invoked with the age old keyboard shortcut i've used since birth as [ Ctrl-Alt-T ]. i contacted Firestorm Support and with a heart stopping saving, clearing, and restoration of settings all is back to normal. still not sure how i managed to do it (picture illustrates the phenomenon) but all is good in Mayneville again.

transparent FS viewer.PNG

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2075 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.