Jump to content
  • 0

Question

Hello ^^"   I'm completely new to this game and avatar building is very confusing to me..
I don't really understand how it works, my english is not that good :c 

For example, we need a body (it's the whole body without skin and head, if i understood it correctly).
A head (The head will be with eyes, nose mouth, right?)
Skin 
And shape? I don't get the shape part..

I'm trying to make my avatar for like 2 days but it's.. Too hard for me. 

Here is what i want:


I want to creat a girl (not too high and not too small, something like 1.65m in real life), with big breasts (not too big) and a nice ass (Not too big too) and i don't want the body to be like a violin, not like a upside down pear like 50% of the girls here. And i want the skin to be a little shiny, like she is in oil? Sorry for my bad explaination...

What is the best i can do to get it done correctly? What do i need?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 1

Hello, RussianBimbo!

The first thing I would suggest is creating a new account and starting over.  Your user name (RussianBimbo) cannot be changed and it will always be visible to anyone.  The name you've chosen has some disadvantages.

  • It's demeaning. 
  • It gives away your Real Life location, even before anyone checks your profile.
  • It's only suitable for female avatars.  What if you want to be a buff male for a while?  Or a unicorn?
  • It's only suitable for a...certain SORT of female avatar.  What if you want to become a college professor in Second Life?  "Doctor Bimbo" just doesn't sound right!

You don't have to delete your current account...keep her as an alt for special occasions.

Next, your desire for a sexy avatar.

You can have a very sexy avatar without investing a lot of money in a mesh body and head.  First, get a set of the free "Standard Mesh" shapes from the Marketplace. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Standard-Sizing-Package-Updated-Male-Female/2894727 .  Wear one, and then right click your avatar and choose Appearance/Edit Shape.  Start experimenting with the many sliders in the Appearance window. 

Next, you will need a good skin.  Fewer people are creating skins for the standard avatar these days, but you should be able to find some at places like Belleza and LaQroki.  Try the demos before buying!!!

While you are learning how to get the best results from the standard, or "classic" avatar, you can start looking at mesh bodies and heads.  These will give you smoother contours than the classic avatar, and have built in controls for the "shiny" skin you want.  Two excellent resources for your research are https://strawberrysingh.com/ and http://meshbodyaddicts.com/ .  Mesh bodies and heads are expensive (several thousand $L each) so again, get lots of demos and try them before you buy anything.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

The easy answer is to slow down and be patient.  Use one of the free avatars that Linden Lab provides for now.  Just click the Avatar button on your task bar and choose one that fits your mood and self-image best.  Then take your time to learn how SL works and what all of your options are.  I have spent almost 12 years modifying and upgrading my avatar.  It's a continuing process, not something that you do only one time.  

Oh, and you asked about skins and shapes.  They are exactly the same as in RL.  Look at your own human body.  You can change your shape by eating more or by exercising, and you can modify your skin by adding a tattoo, getting a sun tan, or being bruised in an accident.  You can do the same things in SL, but it's much easier.  You just buy or create a new skin or you buy or create a body with different musculature, skeleton, and fat distribution.  Skin is a separate feature added to your shape, just like in RL.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, RussianBimbo said:

What do i need?

Patience and lots of time. ;)

Try not to spend too much on expensive bodies and skins at first. And never buy anything like that without trying the demo. You will waste a lot of moeny on items you can't sue anyway but better try to keep it down to a minimum.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
15 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Hello, RussianBimbo!

The first thing I would suggest is creating a new account and starting over.  Your user name (RussianBimbo) cannot be changed and it will always be visible to anyone.  The name you've chosen has some disadvantages.

  • It's demeaning. 
  • It gives away your Real Life location, even before anyone checks your profile.
  • It's only suitable for female avatars.  What if you want to be a buff male for a while?  Or a unicorn?
  • It's only suitable for a...certain SORT of female avatar.  What if you want to become a college professor in Second Life?  "Doctor Bimbo" just doesn't sound right!

You don't have to delete your current account...keep her as an alt for special occasions.

Next, your desire for a sexy avatar.

You can have a very sexy avatar without investing a lot of money in a mesh body and head.  First, get a set of the free "Standard Mesh" shapes from the Marketplace. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Standard-Sizing-Package-Updated-Male-Female/2894727 .  Wear one, and then right click your avatar and choose Appearance/Edit Shape.  Start experimenting with the many sliders in the Appearance window. 

Next, you will need a good skin.  Fewer people are creating skins for the standard avatar these days, but you should be able to find some at places like Belleza and LaQroki.  Try the demos before buying!!!

While you are learning how to get the best results from the standard, or "classic" avatar, you can start looking at mesh bodies and heads.  These will give you smoother contours than the classic avatar, and have built in controls for the "shiny" skin you want.  Two excellent resources for your research are https://strawberrysingh.com/ and http://meshbodyaddicts.com/ .  Mesh bodies and heads are expensive (several thousand $L each) so again, get lots of demos and try them before you buy anything.

 

Thanks u very much *kiss* :3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Part of the problem you face is SL Jargon... we misuse words. The dictionary meaning and what they mean in SL are different. With English being a second language it can get really confusing. So... the long explanation is here,  Second Life: Mesh vs Classic Bodies.

If you want lots of background information on avatars, I have written a load of stuff about them and the changes Linden Lab has made over the years. Use this link, AVATARS.

None of this avatar stuff is hard to understand. But, it could drive you crazy trying to figure it out from what people say.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
22 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:
  • It's demeaning. 
  • It gives away your Real Life location, even before anyone checks your profile.

Chances are, that behind this avatar is not a real life woman from Russia, but a man from somewhere around the world, living out some porn/fetish fantasy.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
14 minutes ago, Syo Emerald said:

Chances are, that behind this avatar is not a real life woman from Russia, but a man from somewhere around the world, living out some porn/fetish fantasy.

In that case, it's demeaning to Russian women. ?   Either way, Lindal's advice is good.

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
11 minutes ago, Syo Emerald said:

Chances are, that behind this avatar is not a real life woman from Russia, but a man from somewhere around the world, living out some porn/fetish fantasy.

So?  It's not my place to judge, and I'm not.  I'm simply pointing out to the OP that the name she's selected for herself has some downsides.  I have always maintained that a username should be

  • Pronounceable (no strings of numbers, no weird characters)
  • Not offensive to others
  • Gender neutral, for versatility (optional)

"RussianBimbo" is offensive to me.  It's not whether the person wants to live out their fetish, it's the fact that to speak to them, I have to call them by that name...and I don't want to call anyone by a demeaning name.  People with names like this leave you no choice, though.  Even the nicknames you can come up with are mildly insulting.  "Hi, Russky."  "Hey there, Bimbo."

If I want to live out a porn/fetish fantasy, I can do that just fine as Lindal Kidd.  If I want, I can adopt a display name temporarily.  But I can still interact politely and normally with other people when I'm not fantasy-ing.  I can talk to people without putting insults into their mouths.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
14 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

So?  It's not my place to judge, and I'm not.  I'm simply pointing out to the OP that the name she's selected for herself has some downsides.  I have always maintained that a username should be

  • Pronounceable (no strings of numbers, no weird characters)
  • Not offensive to others
  • Gender neutral, for versatility (optional)

"RussianBimbo" is offensive to me.  It's not whether the person wants to live out their fetish, it's the fact that to speak to them, I have to call them by that name...and I don't want to call anyone by a demeaning name.  People with names like this leave you no choice, though.  Even the nicknames you can come up with are mildly insulting.  "Hi, Russky."  "Hey there, Bimbo."

If I want to live out a porn/fetish fantasy, I can do that just fine as Lindal Kidd.  If I want, I can adopt a display name temporarily.  But I can still interact politely and normally with other people when I'm not fantasy-ing.  I can talk to people without putting insults into their mouths.

I'm totally agreeing with you, that this name is not a smart choice, to put it lightly. I just wanted to mention that its a rather pointless to assume that such a name gives away any information about real life location or gender of the person behind the avatar. I'm not judgeing either, just speaking from experiance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
7 hours ago, Syo Emerald said:

I'm totally agreeing with you, that this name is not a smart choice, to put it lightly. I just wanted to mention that its a rather pointless to assume that such a name gives away any information about real life location or gender of the person behind the avatar. I'm not judgeing either, just speaking from experiance.

You are correct... but, there is some number of people that will totally LEAP to the conclusion an avatar named 'RussianBimbo' will be the avatar of a RL Russian bimbo, which says something about their bimbo-ness. The only real unknown in that debate is how many will make that leap and never move beyond it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...