How do you change your display name?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2189 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

The first version of the forums,You had 9,537  posts.. all these years later and You're at 11,090 posts now..

Are you gonna to say that since the very first version of the forums,through all the like, three or four versions of the forums since, that you have only posted 1,553 times? since like 2009 or 10?

Highly unlikely. It only took me a couple years to hit 5000 posts. But then, I’m speshul.

*Edit* Good luck convincing him that he’s wrong.

Edited by Love Zhaoying

@Ceka Cianci  In a response to me, you wrote, "I was referring to the old forums not the version after the first.." It was clear that you meant that you and I were talking about different versions of the forum. I showed you that we were in fact talking about the same version. Why you want to get on your high horse about it with, "I'm going to do this one last time..", I really don't know, but's a waste of time because we were talking about the same forum version. Ok now?

11 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Are you gonna to say that since the very first version of the forums,through all the like, three or four versions of the forums since, that you have only posted 1,553 times? since like 2009 or 10?

It's quite possible, yes.

What I can guarantee is that, through the forum versions, I haven't noticed that my number of posts was reset. I have spent times away from the forums, you know.

3 hours ago, EmpereurNapoleonBonaparte said:

In 2003, ....... How come people from back then are still around right now? I'm surprised that they're still alive and well.

2003 was only 15 years ago, though I realize that to someone your age, that feels like FOREVER.  Even someone that was 60 back in 2003 is only 75 now.  Do you not know any old people?  Do you think everyone gets sick and dies before they turn 40 or something?

Many of us do not view SL as a "game", but as a virtual world that entertains us.  We create things, buy things, explore, meet people, have social relationships.  Even OLD people like to do fun things.

37 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

@Ceka Cianci  In a response to me, you wrote, "I was referring to the old forums not the version after the first.." It was clear that you meant that you and I were talking about different versions of the forum. I showed you that we were in fact talking about the same version. Why you want to get on your high horse about it with, "I'm going to do this one last time..", I really don't know, but's a waste of time because we were talking about the same forum version. Ok now?

I had a bit more than that in that post that went on about both versions..that one line was in response to the join date in the first version..

Now saying,it's not far fetched that I forgot and did something that I didn't first day.. Rather than what I know I did..

I'll get on my high horse a bit after that..

I just give back what was given is all.

Please yourself, Ceka, but I didn't reply to the rest of your post. I only originally replied to the first bit, which was you saying that we were talking about different forum versions. I showed you that we weren't. Then I suggested 2 ways of how our different join dates appeared in the same forum version. Neither of them suggested anything negative about you, and neither contained any reason for you to get on your high horse about it. They were both perfectly valid reasons for anyone who has a less than total recall memory, which means all of us.

It's perfectly possible for a new user to briefly log into the forum on the first day, and have forgotten about it some months later. I didn't remember that I'd logged in early in my SL career. When I logged in for some reason later in 2007, I thought it was my first time, but it wasn't.

I don't think your negativity is about this though. I think it's about something entirely different.

5 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

Please yourself, Ceka, but I didn't reply to the rest of your post. I only originally replied to the first bit, which was you saying that we were talking about different forum versions. I showed you that we weren't. Then I suggested 2 ways of how our different join dates appeared in the same forum version. Neither of them suggested anything negative about you, and neither contained any reason for you to get on your high horse about it. They were both perfectly valid reasons for anyone who has a less than total recall memory, which means all of us.

It's perfectly possible for a new user to briefly log into the forum on the first day, and have forgotten about it some months later. I didn't remember that I'd logged in early in my SL career. When I logged in for some reason later in 2007, I thought it was my first time, but it wasn't.

I don't think your negativity is about this though. I think it's about something entirely different.

You're probably right about that..I apologize..

An experience with some Neanderthal at work last night has had me touchy about the littlest things for half the night.. I just didn't realize I brought it home with me..

I felt relaxed and good at first ,then just seen what felt like an insult..

I'm just glad I didn't look at my phone at work last night..I would have probably been way worse..I was too frustrated to even think about my phone then though..

Again,I'm sorry if you caught the tail end of my bad night..I'm usually a bit more aware of myself than that..

1 hour ago, Phil Deakins said:

We friends again then? :)

I promise you, there was no insult, or anything remotely similar, in what I wrote. It was just a plain old matter-of-fact possibility - one that I'm familiar with, so it wasn't beyond the realms of human possibility :)

Yes we are still friends.. hehehehe:SwingingFriends:

Let me just show some evidence as to why I know I never came to the forums to post on my first day.. then I'm gonna go lay down and let the day pass and hope for a better one tomorrow..:)

My first day my friends were rushing me to go in..Ceka,Here is the download,here is the sign up, now you make your avatar..ok lets go! 

I think I only spent 20 minutes or so and left very frustrated and didn't come back for three days..Because Orientation Island was creepy..It reminded me of the movie the island..Everyone walking around like zombies as these voices talked to us from the sky or where ever they came from..

I know now that it's a stream,but it was creepy back then..They had to talk me into coming back...hehehehe

My first ever post I ever made was in Resident answers..My join date is July 31,2006..

Resident answers is not that old..It didn't come around until September 2006.

http://forums-archive.secondlife.com/327/8d/138314/1.html

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Phil Deakins said:

@Ceka Cianci

I haven't disbelieved you, Ceka. I suggested something as a possibility to account for our different dates, and you said it didn't happen. I didn't argue about it :)

RA was there before I arrived, but I do have a recollection of it being fought for, though that recollection is not guaranteed as being accurate :)

I just wanna say,I wasn't disbelieving you about your date that showed in the old forums..

I'm just showing that I'm very sure about mine is all.. I've told my version of my first day more times than I can count ,from people that ask or every time I see a thread asking about our first day in SL..It was not a good day..hehehe

It's easy to check, anyway, so it's not possible to get away with it. I'm quite lucky though. I hadn't checked when I said that my forum sign-up is a different date to my SL sign-up one. I was totally relying on memory, and that's not always a wise choice for me :/

Edited by Phil Deakins

9 hours ago, Phil Deakins said:

It's quite possible, yes.

What I can guarantee is that, through the forum versions, I haven't noticed that my number of posts was reset. I have spent times away from the forums, you know.

Your post count was definitely reset during the forum software change in Feb 2010 (or around then anyway), as I think most were.  Per the old original forums, your post count was at 9,537 at the end of those forums and here your count is currently showing 11,118.  If there was no reset at that point, then you've only post 1,581 times since Feb 2010.  I did a simple search of these forums, which actually contains everything from Feb 2010 forward even though they did another change early 2017, and just searched for any post where you posted the word "they".  That gave me 3325 results, so we know that your post count here is higher than that since you obviously haven't used that word in every post.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

19 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

2003 was only 15 years ago, though I realize that to someone your age, that feels like FOREVER.  Even someone that was 60 back in 2003 is only 75 now.  Do you not know any old people?  Do you think everyone gets sick and dies before they turn 40 or something?

Many of us do not view SL as a "game", but as a virtual world that entertains us.  We create things, buy things, explore, meet people, have social relationships.  Even OLD people like to do fun things.

15 years ago is most of my life. I was a small child.

Yes, I know. The older people were younger and 15 years probably seems short for them. I know any old people. My grandparents and my aunts and uncles are one of them. I know that not everyone dies before they turn 40. It’s just that most people I’ve ever met are younger than 40’s. I’m thinking it’s because of the websites that interests each age group. In different websites like DeviantArt, the oldest people are almost 30. It’s rare to find older people there. I’m not sure why.

Virtual worlds are nice. I agree that people can do interesting things there. I’ve never seen my aunts, uncles, and grandparents play Second Life. I don’t know why, but they say they get too busy. Now I’m wondering how did some people who haven’t retired yet got time to go online on virtual worlds and video games? I did see one of my aunts play something like Candy Crush, but it’s not a virtual world. She is one of the aunts that already retired, but I haven’t seen my non-retired aunts play games or virtual worlds.

3 minutes ago, EmpereurNapoleonBonaparte said:

It’s just that most people I’ve ever met are younger than 40’s.

That's the best thing about second life.  Nobody cares what age you are unless you behave like a douche then is usually obvious. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

That's the best thing about second life.  Nobody cares what age you are unless you behave like a douche then is usually obvious. 

Well, that surprised me in a good way because in real life, people whom I got along with the most are older than me. I’m thinking it’s because of my tastes and interests not being like people my age. In other sites I’ve been to, we usually expose our ages later on. I don’t know why. However, it seems to be the trend among younger people, for we get curious about the world around us easily than more experienced, wiser people.

11 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Your post count was definitely reset during the forum software change in Feb 2010 (or around then anyway), as I think most were.  Per the old original forums, your post count was at 9,537 at the end of those forums and here your count is currently showing 11,118.  If there was no reset at that point, then you've only post 1,581 times since Feb 2010.  I did a simple search of these forums, which actually contains everything from Feb 2010 forward even though they did another change early 2017, and just searched for any post where you posted the word "they".  That gave me 3325 results, so we know that your post count here is higher than that since you obviously haven't used that word in every post.

I confess that I am sitting here wondering what happened, if anything, and when. I can guarantee to myself that, if a post count of almost 10,000 had been reset to zero I would have noticed it. What I can't guarantee is that I would remember it happening this far down the line. If that's what happened, I'm astonished that I've forgotten it, but it does reveal one thing - that I spend far too much of my time writing posts in forums.

9 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

I confess that I am sitting here wondering what happened, if anything, and when. I can guarantee to myself that, if a post count of almost 10,000 had been reset to zero I would have noticed it. What I can't guarantee is that I would remember it happening this far down the line. If that's what happened, I'm astonished that I've forgotten it, but it does reveal one thing - that I spend far too much of my time writing posts in forums.

Honestly,I don't even remember if we had a post count in the very next version of the forums..I think it was an option to show it..Unless that was the version after that version..

I could swear there was a version where we had to opt in to show it..

Since the first version,there has been like 3 or 4 versions..Or maybe it's 4 versions altogether,I forget..

Let's see,

We had the very first version..

We had the next version..

We had the version that came after they decided to shut the forums down for 10 days, when all that redzone stuff was going on..

Then I think this version we are in now..Although there might have been another in between this one and the one that came after the redzone shutdown.

it's hard to keep track really hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2189 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.