SL Pizza Party?????

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2100 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, new here (ex-Inworldz resident). I've been invited to an "SL Pizza Party" on Friday night and was wondering - what does this mean? Don't want to ask the people who invited me and sound like a complete noob.

Does it mean we separately order pizza and eat it while we play SL? Or do we RP eating pizza ON SL? Or both? And where can I get a pizza on SL? (I have no virtual money).

I hope it's not a sex thing...

It's really going to be whatever the person(s) organizing it want it to be (there is no standard "SL Pizza Party" definition".)  Most likely it's some kind of RP social gathering.  If they didn't indicate that you need to bring anything particular with you, I wouldn't worry about it.  

Did they give you a LM or slurl for where it's going to be held at?  If so, you could take a look at the LM or the location on the map to see if that helps provide any additional info about the event.

Rhonda nailed it, I think.  The sterling Hippie Bowman runs a weekly "Breakfast Club" get together on Sundays...we sit around, get to (pretend to) eat a delicious brunch, chat and have a good time.  I expect the pizza party you're invited to will be similar.

I always just pretend to eat SL pizza...it always tastes like plywood.

• Haha 1

This was a very disgusting and upsetting experience.

I was instantly attacked by a man wearing only a collar who tried to pull me away from the other guests and visit his 'tentacle rape' installation. He told me he was called the A$$ Gardener and when I asked why he said "I've planted my seed in many a rectum"

Another attendee snapped at me that I should be banned for not having a mesh AV and ordered me to wear a collar. I TPd out and was then harassed by the first man again on IM until I muted him, telling me I was going to be ARd for griefing.

Never again.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 4

Oh golly, Pamela!  I am so sorry that happened to you, and deeply upset that our lighthearted guesses as to the nature of the event misled you.  We didn't think a "pizza party" would be like that!

I have gotten into a few, um...situations...in SL, but nothing quite as nasty as what you describe.  Can I give you a few thoughts to take away?  Even though our track record to date isn't very good?

• When you find yourself in an unpleasant situation, you can do as you did and TP out.  You can also log off entirely.  Wait an hour or two.  If anyone from there IM's you when you log in again, you have some options.
    • Tell them, "sorry, I crashed.  Maybe some other time, OK?"
    • Tell them, "sorry, your party wasn't what I was led to expect."
    • Tell them, "get stuffed!"
    • Tell them nothing at all, just Mute them.
  • Any threat to "AR you for griefing" is baseless.  They could submit some sort of report, sure, but nothing will come of it because you did nothing wrong.  Muting him was the correct response.
  • You are not obliged to do ANYTHING you don't want to.  If you don't want to be naked, don't.  If you don't want to wear a collar, don't.  On the other hand, SL can be a very...educational...experience.  If you have an open and inquiring outlook, you can have some eye-opening (even eye-popping) experiences.  You can go along with some pretty bizarre activities, if you just stay calm and remember that the Quit button is always there if you need it.
  • Because of that, please don't say "Never again."  MOST "pizza parties" in SL are just that.  Not rude orgies.
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Several of the definitions of “Pizza Party” on Urban Dictionary line up with OP’s experience. Minus the tentacles.

Well, you could've SAID something!  Now I feel all naive.  Even if I did know about tentacles.

Edited by Lindal Kidd

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2100 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.