JJValero Writer

Doubt about the GDPR law and scripts accessing external databases.

31 minutes ago, Bradford Mint said:

But....then if the database is only for personal use, it falls outside the remit of GDPR anyway so *slam dunk* end of thread.

Thanks, you're welcome!

i thought it was understood that the OP was about business activity, not personal activity. So is unclear what the point of your story is

ok

so what was the point of slam dunking on personal use when pretty much everyone reading knows GDPR is about business use

Because the common misunderstanding that all use is business use, as per the previous deleted thread where someone believed that if you have a sim, that magically means it's now a business.

• Like 1

we're not in the deleted thread. We're in this one. And nobody here has shown any inclination to believe in magical things

the conversation in this thread has evolved into a discussion about what can or could a person do (if anything) should they be running an SL business from which they derive an RL income

We may not be in the deleted thread but the topic is the same and the same content is coming up and to be frank, my sentiments still apply.  Complain to the appropriate information commissioner that someone with a fake name, holds someone else's fake name and see how that goes. They really have serious things to do.

As I said in the other thread, go and issue a request for data, lets say against Blueberry or Maitreya and see how that goes.

43 minutes ago, ellestones said:

please don't re-litigate your sentimental arguments once again

Let him be sentimental, I will lean back and if he's right all's good if the EU takes action they shouldn't claim we didn't warn them... easy as pie...

• Like 1

I don't want to get involved again, but I'm complying because I want to, and because as a trustee I'm supposed to act in my charity's best interests.

The likelihood of the ICO fining a small charity like mine is vanishingly small, but that isn't a good reason for ignoring it. I'm a grownup, not a child who only tidies their room on threat of being grounded.

• Like 1

If my RL income depended on it, I might take this seriously. But it doesn't, so screw 'em. Just let 'em try to haul me off to the Hague. Meanwhile, seriously: screw 'em.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

If my RL income depended on it, I might take this seriously. But it doesn't, so screw 'em. Just let 'em try to haul me off to the Hague. Meanwhile, seriously: screw 'em.

an appropriate philosophical response in a circular discussion. Meh! on them Hagueans, like all of them and forevers

:)

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, ellestones said:

Meh! on them Hagueans, like all of them and forevers

Them things from Brussels are sneaky! More then cucumbers even.

And even tho the Hague is in like the netherlands, it's chockers with Brussels stuff.

1926648244_download(69).thumb.jpeg.dee66cad47987eaf18b1a48f2e93aadc.jpeg

Edited by Callum Meriman
  • Haha 2