Why can't I fish?

sassykatt777

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2053 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So I'm trying to fish so I can make some lindens. I get a fishing rod, wait a minute for it to load, I click on the buoy... And nothing happens, all it gives me is the whole "Go to our website and get a fishing rod!!!" stuff. I should also mention that the only way I could get a fishing rod was through the "Click here to get your free fishing rod!" button, I wouldn't get anything if I bought it through the store. (Though that might have been because I might've forgotten to verify my account up until now... Can you not buy things when your account isn't verified?)

So is this an actual bug, or am I just missing something?

4 answers to this question

32 minutes ago, sassykatt777 said:

Though that might have been because I might've forgotten to verify my account up until now... Can you not buy things when your account isn't verified?

Ummmm....  just maybe.  If you don't have a verified payment method on record, how is Linden Lab going to know that they will get paid when you buy things?

Please read 

BTW, never buy anything in Marketplace directly with your verified credit card or PayPal account.  Always buy with L$ that you have purchased earlier on the LindeX.  Why?  Because every time that you buy L$,  you have to pay a transaction fee of $1.49 per transaction regardless of the amount of L$ you purchase.  So, if you buy something in Marketplace for L$500 (about $2 US), you will be paying an extra $1.49 if you use your credit card.  That almost doubles the cost of your purchase.  Dumb.  It's much smarter to buy L$10,000 for about $40 US in the LindeX, pay the same $1.49 fee, and use those L$ to buy things in Marketplace.

• Like 5

Read Rolig's advice!  There is an important hidden point in it.  That point is, "...and by buying some $L with your registered credit card or your verified PayPal account, you won't have to waste your time fishing to earn just a few $L per hour."

But if you WANT to fish, then read the instructions for your chosen fishing game very carefully.  (There are several such games in SL, and I don't know which one you have, so I can't give specific suggestions.)  Be sure you understand how it works.  It's easy to spend more money than you can possibly make.

• Like 1

Er maybe wrong rod for buoy? There are at least 5 fishing for Lindens systems I am aware of...

... and in most systems you either have to click the rod or the fishing button in the HUD - I guess none wants clicking of the buoy itself... read the instructions on the related webpage on how your system works.

Edited by Fionalein

As Fionalein pointed out there are multiple different fishing systems, all with their own equipment and rules. 

I wanted to also point out that all of these fishing for lindens games are 3rd party games (created and operated inworld by people other than official Linden Lab staff).  So do be sure to read any documentation that came with the fishing rod, is available through their group, or from their website, and you may need to contact the support channel for the specific game if you are not able to figure something out, or you are having issues with the fishing or collecting of the lindens. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2053 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.