ELI5 Slink Physique issues

SatanicNug

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2096 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, I'm pretty new. Having issues with outfits on the Slink Physique, if I wear more than one of the same kind of layer it'll make the previous layer disappear. It's usually not on tattoo, underwear, or clothing layers either. I don't know what it would be called, it's whatever items that have the little box next to them. For example if I have a shirt on, then try to put on shorts, the shirt will disappear. I read on the FAQ page that they have a mask toggle thing, I don't really understand how it works. Also I don't think I'm having that exact issue, because the items this happens with aren't affected when I select and unselect  the body parts in the layer tab.

I hope I articulated my issue well enough. Sorry if I'm making it more confusing. xD

Please help me, before I drive myself mad. lol

6 minutes ago, SatanicNug said:

Hi, I'm pretty new. Having issues with outfits on the Slink Physique, if I wear more than one of the same kind of layer it'll make the previous layer disappear. It's usually not on tattoo, underwear, or clothing layers either. I don't know what it would be called, it's whatever items that have the little box next to them. For example if I have a shirt on, then try to put on shorts, the shirt will disappear. I read on the FAQ page that they have a mask toggle thing, I don't really understand how it works. Also I don't think I'm having that exact issue, because the items this happens with aren't affected when I select and unselect  the body parts in the layer tab.

I hope I articulated my issue well enough. Sorry if I'm making it more confusing. xD

You will likely get more help in the slink group in world unless someone familiar with the slink body comes along here.

39 minutes ago, SatanicNug said:

You're talking about "appliers", and unfortunately that's the way they work. Your mesh body (and all that are similar) has separate layers like an onion for clothing and tattoos and each one can only hold one item, so applying something on one of the layers will make what ever was on it before disappear.

Edited by Theresa Tennyson

41 minutes ago, SatanicNug said:

This looks like they are referring to objects ..and you can stack those, using 'ADD' ...instead of wear.  IF it is appliers that are being referred to, those are only controlled using the mesh bodies's HUD, and cannot be stacked.

19 minutes ago, Tarani Tempest said:

To stack layers on your body, for objects...like mesh clothing , shoes, jewelry and/or body parts, you must always right click it from your inventory and choose 'ADD' instead of 'Wear'.

ADD will stack layers, Wear replaces the layer.

Bless! Thank you.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2096 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.