How did you started bloging

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2115 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The question is for people how are getting paid for it.

Where are you blog registered? Free or you paying for the domain.

How long you was doing it before you got money for it. 

How did you got your first paid content? 

Edited by Derekmate

My blog is on Wordpress, it's free.  Most stores that have bloggers require that you have been blogging for 6 months, blogging a few times a week.

I started in 2017 but then kind of stopped. I picked up again really of March this year.

I just now got a blog sponsor as of a few weeks ago. She had put out an ad looking for bloggers.  There's listings on flickr for bloggers and on FB. 

24 minutes ago, TatianaNikolay said:

I just now got a blog sponsor as of a few weeks ago. She had put out an ad looking for bloggers.

I think Derek is looking more at cash than at SL sponsors who give you items to blog, as per the following:

5 hours ago, Derekmate said:

The question is for people how are getting paid for it.

If that's the case, Derek, then I'd look into things such as Google Adwords, and run some searches for how to monetise a blog.

I don't get paid for my blog (I don't monetise it in any way) but that's because I do it for fun. I love SL fashion, so that's my thing. I pay for my own domain and hosting.

If you want to monetise an SL blog, I'd strongly suggest picking a topic (or three) that you enjoy about SL and then start blogging around that.

Blogs can be had absolutely free at Blogger (run by Google, so ensure that you get a Google account for your avatar name, or it will tie in with any other Google account that you happen to be logged in with, be that Gmail or YouTube) or Wordpress (make sure you get a free blog at wordpress.com, not wordpress.org. The latter is for self-hosted blogs on their own domain).

Free blogs will contain advertising that you have no control over, so be aware of that.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

Free blogs will contain advertising that you have no control over, so be aware of that.

My blog has also always been free of advertising but your comment has me wondering.  I have ad blockers on so I might have missed something newish?  I opened up Edge (which I do NOT use on purpose - security) and went to my blog. Still no ads. So wondering why you said the above.

Do you see something "I" don't see in any browser?    

And to the OP -- it will be difficult to monetize your blog and make money on it now that so many people are using ad blockers.  AND it takes a long time to get a following. Since I personally hate blogs with ads and shy away from them, I couldn't see adding ads to my site (now ten years old plus). 

Edit: I also will not put store logos in the sidebar - hence my select list of "sponsors" (folks that send me releases regularly). 

image.thumb.png.f4ed86e9e4a50fb854fe59e653112d94.png

Edited by Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2115 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.