Pricing/Critiques?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2161 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hii, I'm Lee.

I have my prices set pretty low already but I was curious for future reference, what do you guys think I should set my photography prices at?

I do some pretty heavy editing on some, and little to no editing on some as well. 

I have separate pricing for both standard and advanced editing too.

Here is some examples for reference.

(warning; link may contain NSFW content) 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/heartlesslittlered/

While I am here, what things do you guys think I could improve on?

Constructive criticism only, thank you!

Hope you guys are having a wonderful day. 

My SL rule of thumb: If it is fun and you like doing it: consider your RL wage for the time consumed, cut away 90% for fun and look if it still a competing price - if no fun : use our RL wage and simply don't do it if not one pays that.

Mediocre fun : charge something in between ;)

Edited by Fionalein

You have a nice style, but as we have discussed here before there are SO VERY MANY good photographers in SL that it is almost impossible to sell photography services.  So it is likely that pricing isn't your issue. Just the way it is. 

So enjoy and have fun. 

8 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

it is almost impossible to sell photography services.

My advice is to sell pictures that people can use within SL to decorate with,  and realize you will sell very few to people who haven't met you. This means you have to get out and meet people, most of the people you meet won't  buy a thing, that is OK, just enjoy the opportunity to get to know someone. But every now and then when you say "do you want to see  my art?' They will say yes, and  then once they see it they will buy something. This means you need a place in SL  where you can bring people, it might work  to share a MP page with them, but I think having a place in world, where your avi can be with thier avi,  surrounded by pictures  you made, is the best way to get sales.

Edited by Talligurl
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Talligurl said:

My advice is to sell pictures that people can use within SL to decorate with

agree. Almost everyone with a home has pictures on their walls

suggest to OP to make pictures that people could buy to stick on their walls and sell on MP.  When do this think a bit like a picture framer as well. Think about the frame and matte for each piece

edit add:  Think also about your MP art as market awareness/advertising for your custom work business

Edited by ellestones

If you get people who want to hire you as their photographer but who give up after seeing your prices, consider them to be too high. Also, if you get no inquiries about photo shoots. On the other hand, if you can't breathe from all those photo requests then most likely you can go up with the prices. 

I think your advanced couple photos are too pricey, also your Flickr should have at least one example photo of advanced couple editing. And the price list.

well, IMO, I wouldn't even offer barely edited vs heavily edited pics. if your name is on it, people aren't gonna really know that the client asked for a lite edited cheaper picture. They'll see a 'lower quality' image with your name on it is all

Very few, if any, photographers here can make rl wages doing a photo here. Just have to find a happy medium on what people will pay (and for photography it rarely is very much) However, wedding photography is still in demand and people will pay some decent money for that.

Pretty much why I stopped ding photos for money. I just do what I feel like doing for the fun of it or the challenge - when I feel like doing it. Now, video, on the other hand, can be somewhat profitable if you want to learn that...

Edited by Jackson Redstar
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2161 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.