NanR

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2114 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

What do you expect the hair to do?  Unless you need a script to change the color of size of the hair, it just needs to sit on your head.  It doesn't matter whether it's flexi hair, ordinary prim hair, or mesh hair. You'll find color-changing scripts and resizers in Marketplace.

Nan, if you are asking about how to make hair appear to flex, that's not a script.  It's in the Features tab of the Build window.  The flex feature can only be applied to traditional prims, not to clothing layers or mesh objects.  This is why mesh hair often looks like it's had a whole can of superhold hair spray applied to it.  Rigged mesh can bend with body movements, but it can't blow in the wind like flexible prims.

As Rolig says, the scripts used in hair are pretty much limited to color change and re-sizing.

Some of the best hair I've seen uses a combination of mesh and flexiprims.  The mesh is used for the main body, and the flexis are used for little wisps of hair that can blow in the wind or move when the avatar does.  Catwa has some of these styles; have a look at them for inspiration.

I think the OP may be referring to things like "Breeze" hair from eXxEsS. I believe these use the old switching transparencies on various parts to make the hair SEEM to move.  But you really need to be the original creator for adding ANY kind of "flexiness" to mesh. Note that she was asking about MESH (at least clothing).   It isn't really something you can do to already made full perm garments UNLESS they were designed as much. I think there are some capes that do sway. 

ANIMESH will be available to all soon and that will likely change things a bunch. 

So the general answer to the OP (I think) is that they cannot do what the want to do. Unless of course I completely misunderstood. 

6 hours ago, NanR said:

how to write scripts for flexi hair and mesh clothes specifically maitreya and be able to appy it to non flexi clothes and hair

Flexi hair is made with prims. The flex is an attribute of the prim. The flex is literally built into the viewer. No script needed. The flex can be set (on/off) or modified (how much flex, wind & gravity effect) by a script by making changes to the prim attributes. The LSL wiki has all the possible controls listed and example scripts. For hair flexi settings are usually made once and so are not normally part of the hair's scripting.

Those 'flexi' settings cannot be applied to any Mesh Clothes or Mesh Hair. Mesh can only be set (rigged) to follow the avatar skeleton. We fake other movements like the old page-flipping animations. We do that by making a copy of the item in each position that makes up the animation. Similar to stop motion animation. We flip the pages by making each model visible in sequence as all others are made transparent.

So, as others are trying to get across, scripting is not the main tool you need to accomplish your task.

HOWEVER...

Animesh will likely go grid wide next week (#29). A number of hair makers are thinking about creating animated hair using animesh. So, there would be a script to trigger the animation. There are others that think they can make animated clothes, skirts that flow or move in wind... The wind will have nothing to do with it. The effect will be faked with animation which wind cannot affect. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2114 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.