Hello! A Question About Land

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2185 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, AliceEverdark said:

A Side question... is there anyway to see the dimensions of the plot? I have a 850 L$ home I really like picked out as the top of my current list but it's dimensions are 45x45x15. Unlike others I looked at, this one doesn't have a link to view it in world. Just worried it won't fit in a 2048 plot considering 45x45 is pretty square the 2 plots I'm bidding on are both more rectangular. For reference it's this home

ht://......./NEW-LoF-SPACE-STATION-POLARITY-SALE-75/6996057

i would never buy such item if it's not possible to see inworld. The lightning of the pics is horrible and prevent to see what it really is, and the primcount kinda high for current standards.

Also keep in mind if everyone’s house goes right up the the property line, no one can look out their windows or exit their doors. We have already seen people do this then complain that their neighbors block their doorways.

• Like 2

On 7/6/2018 at 3:38 AM, AliceEverdark said:

Oh wow, I didn't realize my question had so many answers but thank you for answering.

So if I'm understanding this right, you pick a tier to pay for the size of land you want (such as 13$ in this case) for the right to own a plot that size? Then you pay the land cost to finish it, if I choose to just buy land rather than do an auction or deal with abandoned plots.

Lately LL is selling abandoned land directly to anyone that puts in a ticket for it.

So a 2048 sq m parcel will cost you $2048 L

After that you are charged monthly for your tier.

However you get 1024 tier-free, so to own 2048 sq m, it will cost you $7 US a month. Because you only pay tier on the amount about your free 1024.

3 hours ago, Pamela Galli said:

Also keep in mind if everyone’s house goes right up the the property line, no one can look out their windows or exit their doors. We have already seen people do this then complain that their neighbors block their doorways.

You are entitled to fully cover your parcel, right up to the property line.

That's why it's always preferable to have roadfront. No one has the right to use another person's property to access their own front door.

7 hours ago, AliceEverdark said:

A Side question... is there anyway to see the dimensions of the plot? I have a 850 L$ home I really like picked out as the top of my current list but it's dimensions are 45x45x15. Unlike others I looked at, this one doesn't have a link to view it in world. Just worried it won't fit in a 2048 plot considering 45x45 is pretty square the 2 plots I'm bidding on are both more rectangular. For reference it's this home

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/NEW-LoF-SPACE-STATION-POLARITY-SALE-75/6996057

As mentioned in another reply, the typical 2048 is 32 x 64, so something that is 45x45 would not fit.  Most plots that I see, larger than 1024 at least, tend to have side measurements that are multiples of 16 or 32.

Hah, both plots were bid on like mad the last few hours while I was at work and unable to do anything. Can see what Qie Niangao  meant x3

@Phil Deakins

I knew I could TP to auctioned land x3 but thanks for the tip on seeing the land. I had to find it in firestorm but i did eventually. I gave it a quick trial run and it is nice to do, yeah ^^

@Chic Aeon

Thanks for the heads up! As for renting I'm not a 100% sure what I'll do yet, I'm just sort of taking my time to work things out. I don't really want to rent though I prefer owning over renting. Just a preference xP

@LittleMe Jewell

Yeah another thing I plan to do x3 might be less of a hassle than dealing with the auction boards. I regret saying auctions seemed easy. About two hours before work suddenly everyone and their parents were bidding and I had to go to work so I just couldn't do it lol I lost both plots I was trying for >.<

@Alwin Alcott

Oh really? Hmmm.. I'll re-think it then and find another top pick. I got plenty to pick from anyways that fits my love of sci-fi x3

@Phorumities

x3 that may be true but I like to feel like I have space. So I'll be trying to keep some breathing space between my home and others.

11 hours ago, AliceEverdark said:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/NEW-LoF-SPACE-STATION-POLARITY-SALE-75/6996057

Also thanks for all the tips everyone!

Remember that this skybox has a really high prim count. This tells me it's built with old technology that has a high primcount, or LI. (Land Impact)

You pay for land size, but also for what you can place on that land. Prims per parcel. When you reach that prim number (Land impact) it is full stop.

If you want sci-fi, there are skyboxes with much lower LI. Remember, for unfurnished builds you must have furniture too. There are some 1 LI furniture, but normally a bed is 10-20 LI. Every plant, table, rug, picture is at least 1 LI, many are much more.

Search for sci-fi skyboxes and you will find many interesting ones. Mesh or partial mesh gives you a lower LI and more freedom to decorate.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2185 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.