Can I Run SL On This?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2123 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is that a convertible? A 2016 second-hand typewriter machine? Does it even run a standard Windows version?
It's very, very... very entry class low level CPU with a tiny main"drive", not worth mentioning the rest.

How tight is that budget and does it have to be a laptop-type of machine?
Because if you invest in that thing, you have essentially burned part of your potential savings for a worthwhile purchase.

I guess that's a "no" then. I really appreciate your input, but you come across as very judgemental. I had no idea, hence my asking. 

It's a Dell Inspiron 3000 - yes it's low-end, I know that much. What I am asking, more specifically, is WILL SL run on it - at the lowest settings.

Actually, "typewriter" was quite on point... 

Well. If you google that version, you easily come across the Amazon review page. On there, you'll find a comment that even plain music playback is a hassle on that toy.
It's absolutely not made or remotely meant to run something like SL.

You'll probably have more fun running SL on your smartphone with the Lumiya viewer. 

Instead of your pointless judgemental remark, you could have answered the two questions, which would have helped to help you. 

Maybe just tone down a bit? I feel as though my original query offended you lol

As for the 4 questions you asked - no, it is not a "second-hand typewriter machine" and yes, it runs Windows 10.

The 3rd question you posed was budget: $300-400. And yes, laptop, to answer the 4th.

Thanks for your help - is there anyone else with an opinion?

Lillith is being blunt. I doubt she is 'offended' by anything you said. She is tring to convey her disdain for the lame computer you are looking at.

The CPU is rated here: https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=AMD+A6-9220e&id=3198  It is the worst of all those rated.

Using the CPU's built in graphics will make it miserable for use with SL.

A 32GB storage device is only sufficient for Windows. Adding software will fill the drive. I hope you meant 320GB.

The direct answer to your 'will it run SL' SL question... define run... It most likely will. But, it isn't going to be usable.

You can take the US$300-$400 to eBay and get a WAY WAY better machine. (Laptops) Jump to $500 and you could get lower end new.

4 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Lillith is being blunt. I doubt she is 'offended' by anything you said. She is tring to convey her disdain for the lame computer you are looking at.

The CPU is rated here: https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=AMD+A6-9220e&id=3198  It is the worst of all those rated.

Using the CPU's built in graphics will make it miserable for use with SL.

A 32GB storage device is only sufficient for Windows. Adding software will fill the drive. I hope you meant 320GB.

The direct answer to your 'will it run SL' SL question... define run... It most likely will. But, it isn't going to be usable.

You can take the US$300-$400 to eBay and get a WAY WAY better machine. (Laptops) Jump to $500 and you could get lower end new.

The thing is basically a tablet with a keyboard. It uses tablet components, including the 32GB storage. As you said, Windows would use most of that 32GB. If it doesn't have to be a laptop, a desktop would give a lot more bang for the buck.

Run, yes

Enjoyably? no

if you're on a tight budget, look into getting an Optiplex 790 and a GT 1030

eBay has lots of sellers that sell the entire system, tower, monitor, keyboard and mouse for like 160$, usually with an i3/i5 and 4/8gb of ram. Already with Windows 7/10 installed. Simply drop in the GT 1030 for another 80-100$ and you have a fairly capable machine, plenty for SL.

opposite of high end, but decent performance for under 300$

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2123 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.