Rented a small store, but can't rez anything

animats

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2130 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I rented a small store that uses the CasperLet system. Payment was accepted, and the CasperLet box recognizes me as the tenant. But I can't rez anything. The group invite never reaches me. If I touch the rental box, it gives me various tenant options, including "Grp Inv". Clicking that gets me a message "[11:35] (Unnamed): You should have received a group invite now." But no group invite shows up.

Of course, the landlord is offline, their sales rep is offline, and nobody is answering their ticket system.

It's on a private region, and a vacant store in a row of stores with similar rental boxes, so it's probably a legit rental box.

6 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

Can you edit it to get the group? Or is it invite only?

The group ("virtual business alliance") is private and invite-only.

The "(Unnamed)" in the message from the rental box suggests that somebody didn't set up the rental box properly.

I went to the site to check ...
A "huge" old company in SL ... but that does not work with BOT irresponsibly ...
I would not work with this company ...
I have seen in the renter's manual and they have no rules for return of money, cancellation of rent, etc ...
Do not be fooled by the number of avatars that frequent the island to collect coins ... the tip is ...

Much of their stuff seems to be broken. Their rental box was supposed to invite me, and it didn't. Their ticket system is supposed to email me, and it didn't. Their headquarters greeter sent me a message to join a group that won't let me join. Their support contacts don't answer. Their upstream landlord says it takes them a day or two to get replies. There are many vacant stores, stores with vendors that don't work, and stores with over prim limit warnings. There's an overall feeling of "dying mall" there.

I was curious to see what would happen if I opened a branch store in a place that pays for traffic.  Not much. I'm only out L$150, so it's not a big deal.

• Like 1

If your business is small, no rental in the world will be worth it.
99.99% or more, will be based on Marketplace.
And about the locality treated above ... some great businessmen of SL, with time become accustomed to earn easy money and leave everything to luck, until the end ...
The history of HIppo Technologies is the greatest example of this, however, these things happen because LL also makes money!

12 hours ago, Axel Naxos said:

99.99% or more, will be based on marketplace

No nessesarily, I know my business sells the most to people I personally meet and tell about my Inworld store, I learned a long time ago, paying a high rent for high traffic wasn't worth it. If I am giving out the LM it doesn't much matter where the store is, so I have my stores where it is cheep. I do get the occasional sale to people I have not met on MP, but that is much less than the sales from people I have showed the stores to. 

I would also recommend buying a store building and renting a parcel to put it on.

Edited by Talligurl

I got the branch store going, after the estate manager finally logged in. It's fun to look at, but generates no revenue. This "coins" sim has plenty of traffic, but it's from people who are willing to repeatedly spend 30 seconds to get a coin worth L$0.05. Not useful customers. I'll take the store down in a week or two. I get more business from the free bike rezzers I have in a few places.

• Like 2

On 6/21/2018 at 3:01 PM, animats said:

I rented a small store that uses the CasperLet system. Payment was accepted, and the CasperLet box recognizes me as the tenant. But I can't rez anything. The group invite never reaches me. If I touch the rental box, it gives me various tenant options, including "Grp Inv". Clicking that gets me a message "[11:35] (Unnamed): You should have received a group invite now." But no group invite shows up.

Of course, the landlord is offline, their sales rep is offline, and nobody is answering their ticket system.

It's on a private region, and a vacant store in a row of stores with similar rental boxes, so it's probably a legit rental box.

This is why I:

1) Don't use Casper, but use an open source rental system (get it from my store in Ross)

2) Have an open group that anyone can join to set prims. No, griefing happens rarely because most people are decent.

3) After you pay and set up you IM me to get a higher role in the group that enables you to turn off "everyone build", turn on media, etc. That way you can at least set up without waiting for me to wake up if you are on a different time zone.

4) Have refunds, if anyone gets frustrated.

5) Have rules to keep things nice, and as on my blog, have an additional policy not to rent to those who repeatedly violate the simple rules or cause me damages.

On 6/21/2018 at 7:03 PM, Axel Naxos said:

99.99% or more, will be based on Marketplace.
And about the locality treated above ... some great businessmen of SL, with time become accustomed to earn easy money and leave everything to luck, until the end ...
The history of HIppo Technologies is the greatest example of this, however, these things happen because LL also makes money!

I disagree. I have happy tenants on boardwalk stalls or malls who make sales, not because of traffic, but because of search/places inworld which many people use, or due to flybys and word of mouth. Not everyone wants something sight unseen from the MP. They want to see it inworld or even if it is in a vendor, they make an impulse buy or they feel they can IM the maker and get answers faster inworld sometimes. 

I accept your disagreement to some extent. My opinion is formed from my experience as a small shopkeeper. For several and several times I have kept a shop in the world, precisely because I am one of those who like to buy from shopkeepers who have it too, or at least DEMOS, in the end, are active in SL. But ALL of my experiences were frustrating ... my last I made a sale in 3 months! This does not pay the rent, not to mention that my visits were to play a traffic generator, that is, another expense. It will depend on what is sold to be necessary and especially profitable, having shop in the world. "Happy customer" is very relative ... simply having a store can make someone happy ... selling only sometimes and not covering the rent can make someone happy ... I believe that happiness is a profit ... Already "appear in the search "for my experience of a few years served for very little, especially looking for land, nothing more ... I take the name of the owner of the store in the marketplace and open the profile in SL, and ready ...

In time ... I already tried to rent space twice in their lands ... I thought they lacked organization, standardization ... I asked to put my own construction and I received a "no" ... again I wanted to rent in Brown and I received another "no" ... all the same thinking that your work system was not pleasant for me ... However both are alive ... :-)

I'll probably look for stalls ... leave a vendor and dropboxes ... just ... something of 5 lindens a week ... :-)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2130 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.