Filtering out Gatchapon reseller items

Donut Robonaught

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2171 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have no problem with people reselling their gacha items, but my problem is that about 40% of the MP listings in many categories are all just gachas. For example, in the BDSM section, there are currently 19557 items listed. But, if you remove the no mod items (typical of gacha prizes), it drops down to 11310 items, which would make it roughly 43%. But, not all items that are no mod are gatchas, so just turning on no mod means I would miss out on legit items. Maybe require that all gatcha resellers stick to the used goods section of the marketplace? Or at least tagging their items as being used.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It's the uglier side-effect of this Gatcha gambling scourge.

Part of what led people to mistake them for not-gambling for so long was the ability to sell unwanted items you got on the bad "rolls" of the paid dice.

Despite what you do with them after the event having no bearing on the event itself, this whole garage sale industry will continue as long as everyone involved continues to make money off it somewhere & somehow.

So you can either make a complaint to the Belgian gambling commission (where online games with randomized paid items are illegal) and maybe that will force Linden Labs hand to outlaw Gatchas.

...or get used to it.

Loot Tanks.jpg

• Haha 2

OR just tick the "Copy" filter then "Refine search" button and get double-bonus: No more Gatcha junk AND no-copy stuff. I, myself - of course, never buy no-copy stuff if I can help it. Evar!  LOL

Edited by Alyona Su

3 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

OR just tick the "Copy" filter then "Refine search" button and get double-bonus: No more Gatcha junk AND no-copy stuff. I, myself - of course, never buy no-copy stuff if I can help it. Evar!  LOL

Actually for me that is the reason I filter out gacha - I would be perfectly fine with a voucher gachas that will give you a copy/notrans item upon using the voucher... thanks to the furry community for slowly adpopting this system - I like my copy/mod furniture I gachad there...

Edited by Fionalein

4 hours ago, Fionalein said:

Actually for me that is the reason I filter out gacha - I would be perfectly fine with a voucher gachas that will give you a copy/notrans item upon using the voucher... thanks to the furry community for slowly adpopting this system - I like my copy/mod furniture I gachad there...

That is a really good idea.

WAY back when all there was was the old SLX website (and almost no one used it) I had a gadget that would sell a "redemption voucher" that was no=copy/no-modify. That way you could give it as a gift to anyone. Then you just rez it and it delivered that actual no-transfer box from an in-world server and then it put hover text over the redeemer that said "Redeemed by {name of person) - which also acted as proof of purchase. I loved that system, though not much need for it now - though in a scenario like this it could be useful.

1 hour ago, Alyona Su said:

That is a really good idea.

WAY back when all there was was the old SLX website (and almost no one used it) I had a gadget that would sell a "redemption voucher" that was no=copy/no-modify. That way you could give it as a gift to anyone. Then you just rez it and it delivered that actual no-transfer box from an in-world server and then it put hover text over the redeemer that said "Redeemed by {name of person) - which also acted as proof of purchase. I loved that system, though not much need for it now - though in a scenario like this it could be useful.

They just used preselected INSERTLABELHERE GCs. So yeah i can even get my gacha prices redelivered... trade thegiftcards like - well Giftcards and use it for copy mod items... brilliant.

Edited by Fionalein

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2171 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.