Catwa head question

Karina Leborski

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2160 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I have a Catwa Catya bento head and I  was trying on some new skins, when I  noticed some strange shadow above my upper lip. The new skin's lips are sitting a bit lower than 3D border of Catya's head...I rited to play with head's settings, but no luck. Anybody know if it can be removed?

Thank you in advance!

avi.png

• Like 1

Just lovely! <3

But on topic, I would think it has something to do with SL? Hear me out... When I was trying a skin with my [AK] head it made a horrible grumpy face, but when I would bring it up to the group no one else had the issue; what viewer do you use? It could be a bug...

• Thanks 1

Clear both upper and lower lipstick and blush layers on your Catwa Master HUD. Looks like you have some leftover applier on there. Also, you want to check your brow applier layers (upper and lower). There are two thin dark strips left over from a brow-layer eyeshadow, just below your brows.

A useful gif from one of my fellow Catwa CSRs, to help you see where all the sections are on a Catwa bento head: https://gyazo.com/ba7192c34af479fa59d7cbe3922ca9a4

If clearing the lipstick and blush layers doesn't work: do you notice the same shadow with a similar pale skin from a different designer?

Lastly, in the Hardware Settings of your viewer's graphics options, do you have Anistropic Filtering enabled? If not, enable it.

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

Clear both upper and lower lipstick and blush layers on your Catwa Master HUD. Looks like you have some leftover applier on there. Also, you want to check your brow applier layers (upper and lower). There are two thin dark strips left over from a brow-layer eyeshadow, just below your brows.

A useful gif from one of my fellow Catwa CSRs, to help you see where all the sections are on a Catwa bento head: https://gyazo.com/ba7192c34af479fa59d7cbe3922ca9a4

If clearing the lipstick and blush layers doesn't work: do you notice the same shadow with a similar pale skin from a different designer?

Lastly, in the Hardware Settings of your viewer's graphics options, do you have Anistropic Filtering enabled? If not, enable it.

Thanks for answers! Well, I tried to clear basically everything in Catwa head. I managed to clear the shadows above my eyes - it was something from eyebrows, but mustache won't go and yes, it is seen also on other skins. Well, I have to admit, it is not very much noticeable on different light settings, at Insol store is just very bright light that shows every imperfection

Irirs Honey.png

18 minutes ago, Karina Leborski said:

Well, I tried to clear basically everything in Catwa head

Did you also check that you have Anistropic Filtering enabled? Having it disabled can sometimes be the cause of shadows like that.

• Like 1

On 6/5/2018 at 11:15 AM, Karina Leborski said:

So I have a Catwa Catya bento head and I  was trying on some new skins, when I  noticed some strange shadow above my upper lip. The new skin's lips are sitting a bit lower than 3D border of Catya's head...I rited to play with head's settings, but no luck. Anybody know if it can be removed?

Thank you in advance!

avi.png

There is often a complication with the layers. If you wear something that has a specular or normal map then wear something different that does not have a spec or norm map you'll see this happen.

Your HUD should have an option to clear spec and norm layers. Try that and see if it solves it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2160 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.