Is there a way to block out/censor/remove my forum archive page?

Destiny Ocello

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2182 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So, using a certain search term, people are able to access my real world information. I'm trying to get around sites and asking them to remove it. I would link the url here, but then if people do digging then it will show up and they will know another account I use. 

But anyway, is there a way to censor/remove old archive pages on my other account?

5 answers to this question

42 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Report those posts you want removed. In the text box provided, describe why you want them removed. LL will hopefully oblige.

Well. I would, but these are the old archived posts, the old style forums. And I don't see a report option either :(

18 minutes ago, Destiny Ocello said:

Well. I would, but these are the old archived posts, the old style forums. And I don't see a report option either :(

Open a support ticket with a detailed description of the problem and a link to each post you can find that you want removed/censored. Though, it's at their leisure whether to do it or not. Many people forget or don't realise that the internet never forgets.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Syn Anatine said:

Open a support ticket with a detailed description of the problem and a link to each post you can find that you want removed/censored. Though, it's at their leisure whether to do it or not. Many people forget or don't realise that the internet never forgets.

Well we have the GDPR now in place soon. Even if OP is not EU citizen, LL could consider this as field exercise of what could be requested from them soon ;)

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 2

I believe Syn and Fionalein are both correct. This is a task for a support ticket where you provide full information and resquest the information is removed. You could also consider sending a followup message to @Tommy Linden with a reference so he is aware of the ticket

Even if you are not European, I feel that LL should in good faith (as it is a matter of safety) be considering all requests to remove people's personal details. Most companies I am dealing with have applied the GDPR to all people of the world, I still find it a rather unusual exception that the Lab are only considering people in the EU for this legal protection.

If you placed this information yourself it is a good time to strongly reflect that anything placed on the internet will most likely remain in public view forever and to take the life lesson from that. Also consider that just removing it from the forum archives will likely not scrub some of the many archiving sites like archive.org, you should certainly be checking the URI in question at those sites.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2182 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.