My Mesh Feet

Scamp Skytower

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2211 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok so i had problems keeping my system body and buying mesh shoes  ( see topic below)

one of the suggestions was just get mesh feet which i did. it was great. my mesh shoes fitted perfectly (eventually) but i'm having problems wearing earlier outfits which dont have mesh feet or shoes - ie. i've done nothing to the outfit. My lovely mesh feet and shoes remain as well as the system ones that are actually in the outfit. is this a mesh feet issue or a system issue or my own pc's technical issue? i've attached a picture of how i look at the moment with an outfit that doesnt even mention mesh feet (the heels and shoes) but should show my standard flat feet. the attached picture looks very similar to the one on my original post where the mesh shoes appeared over the top of my system feet when i tried to wear them. the pictures look similar but the problem is almost exactly the opposite.

(note that this problem persists in whatever outfit i wear)

thanks in advance.

S

Wrong Feet_001.png

no. that works in giving the new shoes but in this example i dont want the mesh feet or shoes. the outfit is just the system feet for system shoes. its the mesh feet, shoes, alpha that are remaining.

I'm also finding that the mesh foot alpha is removing my dress alpha so my derrière sticks out!

Edited by Scamp Skytower

Do you only wear outfits? You never take off and/or add things like shoes individually?

I almost never wear outfits myself, so I am a bit rusty with them. As I understand it, with full outfits you click "replace outfit" yes? If you use "add to" then the outfit is added? Add to does not take off anything?

This mesh thing has another thing. The attachment points does not have to be where you think. Since rigged mesh came out, you can attach shoes to the nose, and the shoes show up on the correct place on your feet. You can then detach the shoes, and attach them to the left shoulder... they show up on the feet. You can test this, but on a copy, because only rigged mesh has this behavior. If you do this with old prims, sculps or even unrigged mesh, it show up at the attachment point.

My avatar who has Slink feet, is wearing the feet ( the pair) attached to the right lower leg. And her shoes that she is currently wearing is worn on left foot (both shoes). So I was thinking, if the old outfit you try to wear don't have anything on that attachment point, then the shoes stay there?

... just take off the shoes?

Edited by Marianne Little

Sorry if I'm missing something deeper, but mesh feet and shoes are attachments like any other part of an outfit. Just find them in your "current outfit" folder and detach them.

Or maybe it's a case of attachments that stay there even after you detach them. I sometimes have that problem with one particular item, and it seems the only way to fix it is to re-log.

Angeoco is correct...you should be able to simply detach the mesh feet, and take off their alpha as well (although it does not appear to be worn in the picture you showed.)

As for the mesh shoe alpha displacing your dress alpha...this is easy to fix.  Whenever you use the Wear command for an alpha mask, or any clothing layer, the new item replaces any other item(s) of the same type.  But if you use the ADD or "Add to Current Outfit" commands, the new item is added without removing any currently worn items.  Thus, the Add command is very important for today's outfits, because we often need to wear several alpha masks, or several mesh items which all attach to the right hand by default.

angeoco, i've removed from current outfit and they're not listed there so i can't detach them. i can't click on them directly. i asked a friend who could also see the same as me (so it wasn't a viewing problem particular to me).   i've tried re-logging but that didnt work. i'll try again and see but theres something odd going on.

Marianne. thankyou for your explanation. i didnt know that about rigged mesh 'knowing' where it belongs wherever the attach point is. i do use outfits a lot but often remove items and add (wear) other items

I'm not sure what is going on but the outfits that i use most work and i'm usually in heels anyway. if it doesnt stop then i'll just get mesh flat feet for those shoes. i can see me turning mesh very slowly.

in the meantime, i'll look at getting a mesh body. possibly keeping my old head but i know i'm asking for trouble there. lol.

thank you all so much for your help.

xxxx

S

Look on your "Worn" tab or in the "Current Outfit" folder and hopefully the mesh feet and shoes are listed. You should be able to right-click and remove them from there.

Make sure they aren't saved as part of your system outfits by mistake and delete those links if necessary.

Mesh feet and shoes are attachments so wearing system shoes will not switch them out. It would be the same if you wore system gloves trying to replace a ring or bracelet.

Or open up their original folder and remove them in there. How did you put them on after you bought them?

If they aren't listed as worn anywhere but you still see them attached you'll need to relog.

I've done this dance many times with huds and attachments.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2211 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.