Need Some Help With Catwa Head

DevDraven

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2188 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello.  I am new to second life and recently purchased the Maitreya Mesh Body Lara and a Catwa Head. When I attach or wear the Catwa head my avatars face looks like it has a different skin color mask on it. I went into the Catwa HUD to see if I can mask or blend certain areas to remove this and I can not get this to work. Can any kindly one tell me how I can go about fixing this? Thanks in advance. 

Capture.PNG

Your old system head is still visible, it "bleeds" trough the mesh head. Look in library for something callled "invisible avatar" it is a full body alpha that will hide all your old self. if you vcannot copy stuff from library to inventory here'S a trick taht always worked for me: wear the library avatar folder..., that will copy all tof the vatar to your inventory and you can grab the "invisble avtar" form there...

Or look in catwa folder for a head alpha and add that to your outfit (add not wear, as wear would replace the body alpha your meshbody needs - with add you can wear both alphas at the same time)

Edited by Fionalein
  • Thanks 1

Your Catwa head folder contains a full alpha layer. Wear that (and take off your body alpha; you only need one full alpha* on that covers both body and head, rather than one for head and another for body) and the problem will go away.

*This is advice I always give as a CSR for Catwa, since some head and body combinations can be problematic if you're wearing a head alpha from the head's folder and a body alpha from the body's folder. Very occasionally - with some head/body combinations - these alphas don't quite meet, and you can find yourself having all kinds of neck issues.

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Thanks 3

Technically, you can never take your old head 'off', you'll always have the system body at the core of your avatar - but you can turn it entirely invisible through alphas. The mesh body you wear on top of it simply mounts to the invisible avatar skeleton. 

• 3 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2188 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.