Animated / Moving hair

Henriquebg88

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2205 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I saw on youtube that there was some animated hairs. 

So, i wonder what is the best way to to it.. 

I am new to Second Life and noticed that the ways to animate things are not so exciting.. 
I don't know much about this Animesh, but it looks like is still in beta.. right? 
And then the other way to animate would be uploading the mesh on various forms and join them togheter as one so it looks animated... 
This new Bento bones can be used to animate the hair ? 

I would really apreciate any help.

Bento bones can be used to animate the hair. But the truth is that bento animated hair does not look anything great.
It looks even a bit weird as the animation moves the hair without any reason. So it's not the way how real hair moves.

Flexi hair still has the most natural movement what hair can do in Second life. Then it has the known problem that it goes through the body.
There is no perfect solution for the hair so far in Second Life.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well you could use a pretty advanced bento animated hair that uses all your wings hind leg and tail bones and totally rarranges them, then you have to find a pretty decent animator to write a full AO just for that hair (you know not a little, the full way, with different animations for move, run swim and fly... turns and stands... the while programm) and after paying al lot of people doing a lot of stuff someone will come along and claim he/she got kicked out of a sim because the "useless hair" took up to much script memory, or worse yet: scrambled the bento tail =^.^=

For you as customer though there is little you can do, you can buy bento hair but beware: it (ab)uses bones designated for somthing else, so your neko/angel/whatever avatar might look pretty silly after putting it on(to avoid possible conflict: try a demo) . If you like really well animated hair I guess the best things would be short flexis, (short that is only above shoulder) so no clipping into the body appears.

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, Henriquebg88 said:

Where can I find how to work with this flexi thing? 

Google only shows Marketplaces and YouTube is worse..

Maybe this gives more relevant links for making flexi hair?
https://www.google.nl/search?q=how+to+make+hair+in+second+life&revid=253619&cad=h

Here are some instructions too:
http://forums-archive.secondlife.com/8/53/162519/1.html

Instruction about flexible prims:
http://www.users.on.net/~angsty/html/LSB6-Flexi-Prims.html

Edited by Coby Foden
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2205 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.