sitting from distance

Ernesto Perez

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2221 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, Fionalein said:

You can send them home, you cannot send them where you want them to be, sorry, but that is only possible if they accept your experience.

Not true, I can send them also out of parcel with ORB. And I dont remember, but I think there was also possibility to send into landing point. I prefer sending into landing point.

2 hours ago, Ernesto Perez said:

I think I still dont get why people at all use SL or any other virtual world. Seems they use them completely for other reason and purpose than I.

That IS EXACTLY the purpose of SL -- For every person to use it as THEY wish, which may or may not be for the same reasons and purpose as anyone else.

You don't necessarily have to understand WHY people are in SL - just accept it.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

That IS EXACTLY the purpose of SL -- For every person to use it as THEY wish, which may or may not be for the same reasons and purpose as anyone else.

You don't necessarily have to understand WHY people are in SL - just accept it.

Very good, then accept my purpose of using SL.

1 minute ago, Ernesto Perez said:

Very good, then accept my purpose of using SL.

I don't have any problems with your purpose of using SL, but you seem to have a problem when other people don't want to use SL the same way as you or if anyone simply questions you about something.  Questioning you and not accepting your usage are two different things.

I think in your case the solution is a furniture with scripts that only allows the owner to use it. I've seen a couple of those on the marketplace. It's not that special. And like one other bright individual already said here. There is always the cam feature so privacy is just a little less bad than using Facebook. 

• Thanks 1

@Ernesto Perez@Elijah Pyrithea

There is actually a FREE security script that will auto-unsit avatars and gently PUSH them off your parcel. No need for an ORB. Sure, it's not perfect, but it does work 95% of the time. If land is group-owned then deed the box this is into the land. Remember that for guest names you must include full first and last names - (Resident for example).

//GENTLE SECURITY

integer warnrange = 90;
integer pushrange = 75;
integer power = 25000;
string warning = "You are approaching a restricted area. If you enter the area you will be pushed out.";

string guest1 = "Alyona Su";
string guest2 = "JohnDoe Resident";
string guest3 = "";
string guest4 = "";
string guest5 = "";
string guest6 = "";
string guest7 = "";
string guest8 = "";
string guest9 = "";
string guest10 = "";
integer numdone;
vector dist;
integer dist2;
float dist3;
integer active;

default //Basic security system, warns within a certain radius, pushes away within another, and only pushes over your land for legal reasons. Also a good demonstration of how to avoid lists if you're so inclined
{
    on_rez(integer start_param)
    {
        llResetScript();
    }

touch_start(integer num)
    {
        if (active == 0)
        {
            llSay(0, "Activated!");
            active = 1;
            llSensorRepeat("", NULL_KEY, AGENT, warnrange, PI, 0.1);
        }
        else if (active == 1)
        {
            llSay(0, "Deactivated!");
            active = 0;
            llSensorRemove();
        }
    }

sensor(integer num_detected)
    {
        while (numdone != num_detected)
        {
            if (llOverMyLand(llDetectedKey(numdone)) == TRUE && llKey2Name(llDetectedKey(numdone)) != guest1 && llKey2Name(llDetectedKey(numdone)) != guest2 && llKey2Name(llDetectedKey(numdone)) != guest3 && llKey2Name(llDetectedKey(numdone)) != guest4 && llKey2Name(llDetectedKey(numdone)) != guest5 && llKey2Name(llDetectedKey(numdone)) != guest6 && llKey2Name(llDetectedKey(numdone)) != guest7 && llKey2Name(llDetectedKey(numdone)) != guest8 && llKey2Name(llDetectedKey(numdone)) != guest9 && llKey2Name(llDetectedKey(numdone)) != guest10 && llDetectedKey(numdone) != llGetOwner())
            {
                vector mpos = llGetPos();
                vector dpos = llDetectedPos(numdone);
                integer distx = (integer)dpos.x - (integer)mpos.x;
                integer disty = (integer)dpos.y - (integer)mpos.y;
                integer distz = (integer)dpos.z - (integer)mpos.z;
                dist = <distx, disty, distz>;
                dist2 = (integer)llVecDist(mpos, dpos) * (integer)llVecDist(mpos, dpos);
                dist3 = llSqrt(dist2);
                if (dist3 < pushrange)
                {
                    llUnSit(llDetectedKey(numdone));
                    llPushObject(llDetectedKey(numdone), dist * dist2 * power, ZERO_VECTOR, FALSE);
                }
                else if (dist3 < warnrange)
                {
                    llInstantMessage(llDetectedKey(numdone), warning);
                }
            }
            numdone = numdone + 1;
        }
        if (numdone == num_detected)
        {
            numdone = 0;
        }
    }

no_sensor()
    {
        numdone = 0;
    }
}

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

44 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I don't have any problems with your purpose of using SL, but you seem to have a problem when other people don't want to use SL the same way as you or if anyone simply questions you about something.  Questioning you and not accepting your usage are two different things.

I dont have also nothing against others SL usage. Only I dont understand it.

38 minutes ago, Elijah Pyrithea said:

I think in your case the solution is a furniture with scripts that only allows the owner to use it. I've seen a couple of those on the marketplace. It's not that special. And like one other bright individual already said here. There is always the cam feature so privacy is just a little less bad than using Facebook. 

You still dont understand. I dont want to restrict sitting, but only to restrict sitting from distance. Dont you think this was Lindens Lab big mistake to allow sitting from distance. I think this is stupid......And why you think I dont want camera looking me? No, I wasnt sayed nothing about cameras, I talked about avatar physical access to my room by sitting  from distance. 

9 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

I love sitting from a distance.  We have a game from up on our work platform to see how far we can jump to something across the whole sim.

Do you love sitting from distance also in real life? Do you also like to jump down from real life buildings? Its also game, its fun.

1 hour ago, Ernesto Perez said:

Do you love sitting from distance also in real life? Do you also like to jump down from real life buildings? Its also game, its fun.

Errr no, jumping from that height in RL would be silly without a parachute

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ernesto Perez said:

You still dont understand. I dont want to restrict sitting, but only to restrict sitting from distance. Dont you think this was Lindens Lab big mistake to allow sitting from distance. I think this is stupid......And why you think I dont want camera looking me? No, I wasnt sayed nothing about cameras, I talked about avatar physical access to my room by sitting  from distance. 

No offence but do you understand yourself? Sorry for my extreeeeeeemly low IQ, but can I ask you again why you want to restrict people to sit from a distance while you still want to allow them to sit in a certain area? Why do you want to restrict a feature that SL has while the end result (sitting) is the same nevertheless? It's like you only want to allow people to drink water from a plastic cup while everybody already has a glass of water in their hand to drink from. They will still drink the water, just not in the way you prefer it. If you don't like how SL works.... well there are most likely others who have made an SL clone where they don't allow you to sit from a distance. 

Again the solution to your issue has been given to you in the form of a script already. But apparently, that is not what you want either. 

Edited by Elijah Pyrithea

14 minutes ago, Elijah Pyrithea said:

No offence but do you understand yourself? Sorry for my extreeeeeeemly low IQ, but can I ask you again why you want to restrict people to sit from a distance while you still want to allow them to sit in a certain area? Why do you want to restrict a feature that SL has while the end result (sitting) is the same nevertheless? It's like you only want to allow people to drink water from a plastic cup while everybody already has a glass of water in their hand to drink from. They will still drink the water, just not in the way you prefer it. If you don't like how SL works.... well there are most likely others who have made an SL clone where they don't allow you to sit from a distance. 

Again the solution to your issue has been given to you in the form of a script already. But apparently, that is not what you want either. 

He doesn’t want anyone to cam into his private chambers and sit in his special chair. He may have a no-mod chair so can’t add an “unsit” script to the chair itself.

It is a simple matter of someone not accepting SL features and limitations, so they want to argue about it and take nobody’s advice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Elijah Pyrithea said:

I dont want all them to sit at all, but this must be controlled by locked doors. Doors allow some avatars and some not. So, example, when some avatar is allowed, he/she can come in through door and sit. When door dont allow access other avatar, then this avatar can still sit by distance. And my locked door authentication system dont work anymore. But I just want only doors authenticate. No any kicks-push like ORB. Its just elegant when door just opens or not opens. ORB is like killing machine. Its not civil. And ORB must warn before. Locked door dont need to warn or kick, they just dont open. This is elegant method. But it dont work very well, because Linden allows to sit through walls and doors. To fix this, I must put addidional ORB, protecting by room corners, to kick immediately to landing point or just push out. And its also civil, because ORB just dont start killing, because doors are closed and in normal situation you dont start broken doors to come in. Closed door is sign - the incoming is really closed. Without any killing. When there is just only ORB, without locked doors, then you have no idea why you started killing.

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

He doesn’t want anyone to cam into his private chambers and sit in his special chair. He may have a no-mod chair so can’t add an “unsit” script to the chair itself.

It is a simple matter of someone not accepting SL features and limitations, so they want to argue about it and take nobody’s advice.

Scripted chairs dont help here. Because then I must still have two lists with two system, one list for doors and one for all chairs. Its the same as I have two list - one for doors and one for ORB-s. I dont see difference. Yes, one small difference is - in your method there is no need at all to kill by ORB. They just cant sit. 

Yes so you want a script that only allows sitting for people that are in a certain range around a chair. That's perfectly possible. Like when they enter through the door they get access to a chair. Still,  the whole reason why you want to make people's users experience so limited in SL is illogical to me. The end result is that people will sit on that chair. You're just making things difficult and create a problem that wasn't a problem in the first place.

2 minutes ago, Elijah Pyrithea said:

Yes so you want a script that only allows sitting for people that are in a certain range around a chair. That's perfectly possible. Like when they enter through the door they get access to a chair. Still,  the whole reason why you want to make people's users experience so limited in SL is illogical to me. The end result is that people will sit on that chair. You're just making things difficult and create a problem that wasn't a problem in the first place.

You still dont understand nothing and get all wrong. Its normal to allow some avatast to come in to house and some not. But question is how you do that. I already told that ORB is not civil way. Elegant way is to do that with locked doors. But now how to prevent avatars still coming in when doors are locked? Double-click teleprt is now possible to disable by setting teleport route. But avatars can still come in by sitting to chair. And I dont want to restrict sitting to chair itself, and also I dont care about sitting through distande. I care only about not allowing sitting to chair when doors are closed......When doors are opened, anyone must be able to sit. Exactly the same happened also in real life. You dont need to make your home chair killing machine, you just lock the door.

What the OP is asking to do is actually really super-simple. I already have a script that can do it and it works this way via a rezzer:

Set the rezzer (perhaps a carpet) under the chair. Set the range of the sensor to 6 meters or so. The set-up would be to place an invisible cube over the chair that basically blocks any clicks on the chair (clicking on the cube, not the chair) - when sensor kicks in that an avatar is within range: derez the cube. Or vice-versa: place a dummy (scriptless) chair there and have the rezzer then rez a scripted chair in it's place.

Either solution can work with no-modify stuff. The main complaint is, obviously enough, the extra LI/prims required. But that is the cost for such functionality, right?

In the end, what the OP needs is to create an *EXPERIENCE* - that is the ONLY way to have total control of another user's inputs and movement, etc. GLWT.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

What the OP is asking to do is actually really super-simple. I already have a script that can do it and it works this way via a rezzer:

Set the rezzer (perhaps a carpet) under the chair. Set the range of the sensor to 6 meters or so. The set-up would be to place an invisible cube over the chair that basically blocks any clicks on the chair (clicking on the cube, not the chair) - when sensor kicks in that an avatar is within range: derez the cube. Or vice-versa: place a dummy (scriptless) chair there and have the rezzer then rez a scripted chair in it's place.

Either solution can work with no-modify stuff. The main complaint is, obviously enough, the extra LI/prims required. But that is the cost for such functionality, right?

In the end, what the OP needs is to create an *EXPERIENCE* - that is the ONLY way to have total control of another user's inputs and movement, etc. GLWT.

Just tested it. This dont work. When the cube around chair is transparent, avatars can still click the chair and not cube. Also, when its not transparent, avatars then can sit not to chair but to cube and still get inside.

3 hours ago, Elijah Pyrithea said:

Sorry mate but the solution to what you want has been given to you by different people in different ways already, but you all found them inadequate. But I'm beginning to think what you really want is trolling the forums.

Use your brains! But SL is good excercise for logical thinking.....so, try harder.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2221 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.