Jump to content
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1163 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

Hi, how to protect avatars sitting from distance? I have nothing against anyone sitting, only I dont want they do it from distance. Into furniture script I cant put, because half of them are no-copy, no-mod. But I can do anything other, but what exactly?........Maybe to put ORB? But maybe there is better choice, because ORB dont kick out immediately and then I must also make allow-list. ORB is not very good choice.

Edited by Ernesto Perez
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

don't spend your time on this... all his threads start as quesiton, but derail as soon there are things posted he doesn't like, or not understands..

Why should we do your work?

@Ernesto Perez , @Elijah Pyrithea There is actually a FREE security script that will auto-unsit avatars and gently PUSH them off your parcel. No need for an ORB. Sure, it's not perfect, but it do

To control sitting, you must control the furniture. If this is no-mod furniture, an outboard script will have to work stupidly hard to accomplish something like what you want.

But this is only scratching the surface of how useless no-mod furniture is. Do yourself a favor and simply trash it unless the creator will offer a copy-mod/no-trans replacement.

If one simply had to do this, damn the torpedoes and the lag... an orb-like script could monitor llGetAgentList() to track the whereabouts of all avatars in the region to make sure they approach close enough the specific furniture item(s) to qualify for sitting on it (them). If their llGetAgentInfo switches to AGENT_SITTING, then llGetObjectDetails will determine if their OBJECT_ROOT is the furniture of interest, and if they didn't approach closely enough first then llEjectFromLand will dispatch them.

With Modify perm, the relatively new feature PRIM_SCRIPTED_SIT_ONLY could be used in the furniture item to be much more graceful about allowing seating only when somebody is within reasonable seating range.

If this isn't really about proximity, per se, but rather more about access authorization, of course ban lines are the simple solution at ground level, hideous though they may be.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ernesto Perez said:

Hi, how to protect avatars sitting from distance? I have nothing against anyone sitting, only I dont want they do it from distance. Into furniture script I cant put, because half of them are no-copy, no-mod. But I can do anything other, but what exactly?........Maybe to put ORB? But maybe there is better choice, because ORB dont kick out immediately and then I must also make allow-list. ORB is not very good choice.

Most AV sitter furniture is mod because there is a healthy 3rd party add-on script market. Not my first choice of sitting script but it works and is easy to set up for anyone with more than 1 week of coding experience and kind of one of the few "inofficial standards" the SL community agreed upon ...

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

Do yourself a favor and simply trash it unless the creator will offer a copy-mod/no-trans replacement.

 

 

I dont have interest.

 

 

3 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

If one simply had to do this, damn the torpedoes and the lag... an orb-like script could monitor llGetAgentList() to track the whereabouts of all avatars in the region to make sure they approach close enough the specific furniture item(s) to qualify for sitting on it (them). If their llGetAgentInfo switches to AGENT_SITTING, then llGetObjectDetails will determine if their OBJECT_ROOT is the furniture of interest, and if they didn't approach closely enough first then llEjectFromLand will dispatch them.

 

Are in Marketplace such kind of ORB-s for sale? Those who are able to detect avatars sitting actions and measure distance between avatar and furnituse? Right now I dont want to start coding it myself, because first I want to put all stuff working in my new land and castle.

 

3 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

With Modify perm, the relatively new feature PRIM_SCRIPTED_SIT_ONLY could be used in the furniture item to be much more graceful about allowing seating only when somebody is within reasonable seating range.

 

This sound interesting. For furniture that allows modify. Is there in Marketplace this kind of already completed script for use?

 

 

 

3 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

If this isn't really about proximity, per se, but rather more about access authorization, of course ban lines are the simple solution at ground level, hideous though they may be.

 

My intention is not ban avatars from my land. I like more to implement situation close to real-life - just lock the doors. Because I like avatars go to my land, but I want to choose in which part fo castle they can access. I have some security server (inworld) that can sent whitelist to all doors. Double-click teleport is also disabled with teleport routing. Right now I have only choice to use my powerful GWS ORB, that is able to protect areas by exact corners. Drawback is that I must first also set up ORB whitelist. With locked doors I can still allow avatars even when doors are locked, just sending to them teleport invitation.

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

Most AV sitter furniture is mod because there is a healthy 3rd party add-on script market. Not my first choice of sitting script but it works and is easy to set up for anyone with more than 1 week of coding experience and kind of one of the few "inofficial standards" the SL community agreed upon ...

Yes, but I have lots of furniture already purchased about 10y ago. And half of them are no-mod. I dont have any wish to buy more furniture or designing furnituse myself (not my interest in SL). But I wasted long hours and days once in marketplace. I searched best furniture not only hours, but days. And I can tell you - good design retro furnituse is not cheap and mostly its no-mod. Free and modify furniture is crap.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ernesto Perez said:

Free and modify furniture is crap.

That is why you buy modable furniture. If I would rely on the freebies I got I would have a hodgepodge of furniture now but I really like my sets to work together.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

That is why you buy modable furniture. If I would rely on the freebies I got I would have a hodgepodge of furniture now but I really like my sets to work together.

Sorry my bad english, but now I wasnt understand what you sayd. I already told - good furnituse is mostly expensive and no-mod. Believe me, Ive been in marketplace months, every day, and know. And I dont have wish to buy more furniture right now. Maybe later.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Ernesto Perez said:

Are in Marketplace such kind of ORB-s for sale? Those who are able to detect avatars sitting actions and measure distance between avatar and furnituse? [...]

This sound interesting. For furniture that allows modify. Is there in Marketplace this kind of already completed script for use?

Sorry, I don't buy or sell scripts so I'm useless as a source for what's available. If I had to guess, I'd suspect that neither of the scripts I mentioned would be available off-the-shelf; it's just too idiosyncratic, the demand wouldn't seem to justify writing such scripts for sale.

There might be pre-developed Experiences that include the PRIM_SCRIPTED_SIT_ONLY functionality as part of managing visitor flow, but that's not going to be off-the-shelf for this purpose either.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

Sorry, I don't buy or sell scripts so I'm useless as a source for what's available. If I had to guess, I'd suspect that neither of the scripts I mentioned would be available off-the-shelf; it's just too idiosyncratic, the demand wouldn't seem to justify writing such scripts for sale.

There might be pre-developed Experiences that include the PRIM_SCRIPTED_SIT_ONLY functionality as part of managing visitor flow, but that's not going to be off-the-shelf for this purpose either.

Why idiocracy? I think I still dont get why people at all use SL or any other virtual world. Seems they use them completely for other reason and purpose than I.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ernesto Perez said:

Hi, how to protect avatars sitting from distance? I have nothing against anyone sitting, only I dont want they do it from distance.

This is not possible since you are using no-mod furniture. Even with mod furniture, there is no way in scripting to tell an avatar sat “from a distance”.  All you can do with scripting is prevent sit by unsitting avatars who do not have permissions.

You can just also prevent any avatars from entering your land using either 1) list of permitted avatars, or 2) setting permitted group.

As a side note, I think you should be able to solve this with Borland C++ and in-line assembly, because of your previous posts.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Elijah Pyrithea said:

Is there any reason why you want to limit the user experience of SL in such a way? If people want to sit they want to sit. Whether they go and sit from 100 meters away or from 1.5 meters away the end result is that they will sit. 

Because you can sneak behind doors that way, Elijah ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fionalein said:

Because you can sneak behind doors that way, Elijah ;)

And that is a problem? Maybe I should ask it this way. Why would you want to limit a person's freedom of movement in such a way on your sim? Doesn't sound very inviting.  I understand you want to limit people access to a parcel or a certain area with a security orb, because you want to keep it private. But when you want people coming to your sim why restrict their movement by not allowing them to sit on a chair from a distance?

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Elijah Pyrithea said:

Is there any reason why you want to limit the user experience of SL in such a way? If people want to sit they want to sit. Whether they go and sit from 100 meters away or from 1.5 meters away the end result is that they will sit. 

You are wrong. They cant sit everywhere in my house, its private.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Elijah Pyrithea said:

And that is a problem? Maybe I should ask it this way. Why would you want to limit a person's freedom of movement in such a way on your sim? Doesn't sound very inviting.  I understand you want to limit people access to a parcel or a certain area with a security orb, because you want to keep it private. But when you want people coming to your sim why restrict their movement by not allowing them to sit on a chair from a distance?

Not in SIM and not even in parcel, but in my castle. In my home, there is rooms where I want example to be alone, its private. Exactly I dont want to limit access to my parcel (with ORB), because for me private place is not my parcel, but instead my rooms in building, and not all rooms.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

If they can cam to a place, they can sit there. This is how Second Life works.

You are also little wrong.  I can still kick them out with ORB. And GWS ORB allows very accurate, by corners, to define area to protect. SL usage policy restrict using ORB-s to kick avatars out immediately (without warning) and to completely out to home. But when I have locked doors, and avatar still sits by help of camera, then its intruder and I can kick avatar out immediately with ORB, example to my land landing point.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ernesto Perez said:

... But when I have locked doors, and avatar still sits by help of camera, then its intruder and I can kick avatar out immediately with ORB, example to my land landing point.   

You can send them home, you cannot send them where you want them to be, sorry, but that is only possible if they accept your experience.

Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1163 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...