Farming games

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1938 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm actually interested, too. Though only so far checked out the DFS website. It sounded pretty nice RP wise...until I saw them offering lunchbox products with copyrighted images on them (smurfs for example). That's a huge NO from me and immediately made me stop looking further into it. As nice and thought out as their system seems I would never want to support copyright theft in any way.

I have to go offline for a bit, but after I'll be checking out those other three.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

They even left the (C) on it.

bff7b54ed194bea57614431e22aaf1b9.thumb.jpg.2cdfd16289ae2982aba16c3586e5e896.jpg

Quite honestly, I was surprised as hell to find that there. Until then all I had seen was a well though out system and original works, I wonder what on earth possessed them to go down that route. It seemed so out of place and quite frankly, I would have at least tried it out and spent a little L on it but not when they do this. 

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

I find this ironic

6a78f6ef0e9865aa83682c36480b326f.png.11c2e3d34821ac9fe5a4aa4c92398114.png

Yes, it's a tech pun.

However, joke aside, public scripted-daiper like games are not something everyone in SL enjoys. For their comfort I would estate ban someone using this system on my land. Especially if it spams green text with the pee particles.

63bf4c5672595431dea332615fb8c0b8.png.ad260601ca6c846cd2eefe6b6c87c118.png

Edited by Callum Meriman
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

WIth the lunch box thing, Only one set of the lunchboxes have actual characters on them, and also remember there is also CC (creative commons). The DFS team would Never look to break copyright infringement. And the great thing, is you dont have to use those lunch boxes (they have three different lunchbox gacha's so you dont have to get ones your uncomfortable with getting)

With that said, I have done [Life2] and I currently do DFS. I  was with [Life2] For over two years, and with DFS for a year and a half. Honestly, with [Life2] it can be a huge sinkhole. You have to constantly buy your seeds and they get really expensive. Reselling the goods will net you pennies compared to what you spend. And that is just on the cooking/farming. You will still need to tend to all your needs which require certain furniture and more L's spent. And not to mention the creative team is dead in the water (Their last release was in March and I can tell you from experience that the players are still waiting for things years late like medical, fishing and such) 

With DFS, you have your startup costs, getting fields, animals and such! You can buy a lot of what you want from players and once you find what you want to do within dfs, you can have a self-sufficient farm. And the only thing you have to worry about is EP (Energy points) which you cook the items you grow to refill that. The team is amazing to talk to and work with, and are constantly bringing new things to the system for us to play with. And we have a great community of people. If you would like to take a look at how to use DFS I have made some video tutorials. 

Or you can feel free to shoot me an im in world. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Whiteangel Falconvale said:

WIth the lunch box thing, Only one set of the lunchboxes have actual characters on them, and also remember there is also CC (creative commons). The DFS team would Never look to break copyright infringement. And the great thing, is you dont have to use those lunch boxes (they have three different lunchbox gacha's so you dont have to get ones your uncomfortable with getting)

No apologies, no "we made a mistake and cleaned it up", just a statement "if you don't like it buy our other ones instead" :(

Look, it has nothing to do with "comfort". It's about that creator clearly using someone else's Copyright without authorisation (and making money from it). That is quite simply not about making customers feel uncomfortable, that is IP violation and theft.

I actually wonder how the creators of that system would feel about copybotters stealing their items... because using the Smurfs like they did is 100% the same.

Edited by Callum Meriman
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1938 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.