Arms clipping through body with new ao

NevyArvellon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2268 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Possibly. I've noticed that even some of the skinniest shapes are too curvy for some of the Oracul AOs in that regard. Especially on hands on hips/resting behind the back type poses.

If you know what you're doing, you could just take the animations which don't suit you out of the AO.

Or check out Tutys and Voir - I think they do some AOs better suited to curvy avatars. They cost more than the Oracul AOs, but quite a bit less than some of the other names.

Edited by wesleytron

10 minutes ago, wesleytron said:

Possibly. I've noticed that even some of the skinniest shapes are too curvy for some of the Oracul AOs in that regard. Especially on hands on hips/resting behind the back type poses.

If you know what you're doing, you could just take the animations which don't suit you out of the AO.

Or check out Tutys and Voir - I think they do some AOs better suited to curvy avatars. They cost more than the Oracul AOs, but quite a bit less than some of the other names.

Yeah, I'm just annoyed with myself for not noticing it when I demoed! Thank you for the reply. I will definitely be keeping Tutys and Voir in mind.

11 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

I'm sure the one I use from Akeyo is stated as being suited to larger figures

Akeyo are good but I suspect they cost quite a lot more than someone who was looking at Oracul AOs would be wanting to pay.

I did a quick MP search and Voir AOs - including a Bento shy girl AO for curvy girls - actually cost less than Daiz Papp's Oracul sets (the Bento ones anyway).

But if money isn't an issue then I think VISTA also do something.

28 minutes ago, wesleytron said:

Akeyo are good but I suspect they cost quite a lot more than someone who was looking at Oracul AOs would be wanting to pay

If the op can only afford oracul prices then they'd have to do a bit of saving as full AO's cost approx L$2000 but are worth it

11 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

If the op can only afford oracul prices then they'd have to do a bit of saving as full AO's cost approx L$2000 but are worth it

I'm not sure what you're saying. What's a 'full' AO?

Oracul AOs are also full AOs and cost up to about L$600 for Bento. From 200 to 300 for non-Bento. But still 'full' AOs

Tutys are 'full' AOs and cost from around L$450 to L$950 for Bento (and less for non-Bento)

Voir AOs cost no more than L$399 for a full, complete Bento AO.

Those are all full AOs, often mocap, complete with stands, walks, sits, ground sits and all the rest.

You don't have to pay upwards of L$2000 for a decent AO.

1. Most animations are created with Barbie-shaped figures. Hence: arms clipping through thighs, etc.
  2. Most avies in SL have arms way too short (middle finger should come to mid-thigh) - Hence hands clipping into legs when sitting because animators' arms are too short when creating the AO.

As for doing animation/AO demos: take the time to play each and every animation all the way through. Newer AO animations often have a long stand and sit times: my own AO has stand times at 60 seconds before loop. So it took me an hour to preview them all properly. But it was worth it. (for the curious: creator is Daiz Papp - search MP if you want to learn more about them)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wesleytron said:

I'm not sure what you're saying. What's a 'full' AO?

I mean HUD + complete range of animations as you can buy the HUD & animations separately 

1 hour ago, wesleytron said:

You don't have to pay upwards of L$2000 for a decent AO

Would agree on that, however, I was happy to pay the price since i'd been gifted one of the AO's and actually prefer the HUD to the Zhao-II types. i've used in the past from Tuty's, Vista, Oracul, Bright corp etc.

As you explore the animations in SL you'll find some animators make and sell small, medium, and large animations. When you find an animator that is making animations that work well with you avatar, stick with them.

You can find animations sold by size.

Animations do not scale with the avatar. Shrink the avatar and the same animation looks different. The same happens if you increase the avatar size. Animators use a model to build the animation. Seems I'm not the size they typically use :( Only the animations I make for my 5-10 (1.78m) avatar work near perfection.

2 hours ago, MaggiJin said:

ah oracul. don't know how skinny they want you to be because even when i use the default kemono, my hands clip into my sides with oraculs aos.

Sure, but even the default Kemono is not exactly skinny in the hips and thighs area. Plus the problem is compounded by the Kemono's use of a scripted deformer which basically 'squashes' the shoulders (and therefore the arms) closer together. So it's almost guaranteed the hands are going to clip through the sides.

Edited by wesleytron

Happens to me all the time. My solution: identify the clipping animations and reprogram the AO to use only the good ones, maybe replace them with other nonclipping ones from other AOs (most shops sell them as single animations)

Edited by Fionalein

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2268 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.