When SL starts to feel like work - Why not Gamify it?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2294 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I, like many of you have been in Second Life a long time. So long, that interests change and wane, and I even leave Second Life now and then.

Sometimes Second Life feels like “work” either due to long, endless projects, small rewards, etc.  We all (or most of us) don’t like calling SL a “game” - because we take it seriously!

But, if Second Life is feeling like work..and you are getting a little “burned out”, why NOT “Gamify” it?

How would YOU (or how DO you) Gamify Second Life?

Some ideas to get you started:

- Take part in Hunts

- Set Small goals for your Avatar (appearance, etc.)

- Buy something every day

- Make Friends (Who does that anymore)?

- Explore at least once a week

- Make a “Bingo Board” with different things like Drama, Griefer, Friends, Shopping - and try to do and/or avoid those things - if you get a “Bingo”, do something in SL special for yourself.

• Like 1

Sound good, I like gamifying tedious stuff I do in RL, makes it more bearable.
I do not need that for SL yet, because most of that is generelly what I do, but I like the ideas.

I'd like to add:

- make a goal to create something once a week. Not to sell it, but just for the fun of it, or for your own use. I made a reaaally crappy carousel once, I had WEEKS of fun with that. (I'm really easy to entertain)
- learn something new every week. Maybe something about the above mentioned creating, maybe about the mechanics of SL itself.

• Thanks 1

well Kasha got her own BulletJournal...

Nowadays I just cause chaos in group chats (on a side note, mY Y seems to act up a bit so...nevermind if I tYpe with a Y instead of a y  for some time xD, hunt down gifts (if I find anY I like) or sort mY inventorY, stYle and take pics... At times I´m just online to see if someone wanted to talk to me.

I blogged mYself into burnout before, after that I just stYled, took pics, repeat... Before that I roleplaYed...

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I already do lots of hunts - I like them a lot.  And I buy something pretty much every log in.

I'm going to make myself a Bingo board for the forums, though not sure just yet what I'll do when I get Bingo.

Share your board with us if you can!

The only time SL felt like work was when I tried working as a dancer at a club. Going to the same place every day and putting in an hour of work at a place where barely anything was happening and trying not to go afk. I wish I could have figured out how to gamify that work.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bree Giffen said:

The only time SL felt like work was when I tried working as a dancer at a club. Going to the same place every day and putting in an hour of work at a place where barely anything was happening and trying not to go afk. I wish I could have figured out how to gamify that work.

Yeah, think I got burned out going to the same 1 or 2 spots all the time.

34 minutes ago, Bree Giffen said:

mhhh same.... Spech when it wasn´t even worth it anymore cos people stopped tipping...

26 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Yeah, think I got burned out going to the same 1 or 2 spots all the time.

been there.. nowadays I just don´t know where to go... clubs are either dead or full of idiots... lets not start about starter sims, no time to get involved in RP and I sure as hell lost ANY intereest in sex...

• Like 1

I'm currently learning how to use llCos(f); and llSin(f); for making motion paths and using...

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Wanderer

for spaceships to roam around my rental :D

As Akasha points out, a lot of residents have a one track mind when venturing into clubs and RP venues, but we're still purely at the mercy of our own imaginations!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2294 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.