Constantly cross-eyed on Catwa Catya

OokeyDokey

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1411 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi. This issue has been driving me nuts since I bought my mesh head. I am using the Catwa Rigged Eyes that come with the head which I've applied various eye appliers on with similar result. All appliers I've tried make my eyes look cross-eyed.

I will attach some pictures showing different eye appliers, on different shapes. Last pic is the Catwa shape that came with the head. Looks like the cross-eyed ness seems to still be there (notice right eye) but less visible, probably because the shape makes the irises look bigger or positioned lower?

Could anyone please help me and tell me what I'm doing wrong or what I need to change to fix it? Thanks :)

eyes1.jpg

eyes2.jpg

eyes3 _ shape2.jpg

eyes_shape3.jpg

catwa.jpg

Edited by OokeyDokey

9 answers to this question

Not cross-eyed, but rather it appears the left eye isn't positioned the same as the right eye - it's closer to the nose bridge than the right. In either case: what it is that and the eyeballs are closer together than the eyelids - which is actually natural. Irises are not at "dead-center" of the eye, they are slightly closer to the nose. Whether Catwa has it right or not is moot, but ALL Catwa rigged eyes are like this (I have more than one Catwa bento head).

However, because they're rigged you cannot reposition them. The best 3rd party eyes I've seen are these:
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Customeyes-Unlimited-Customization-Mesh-Eyes/3530274

Also - I don't think it's so off that it's even really noticeable unless your *looking* for it.

• Like 2

I haven't seen this issue with my (male) Catwa head but then again, I used separate mesh eyes right from the start, and being unrigged, they are freely adjustable.

One thought though, does changing the eye spacing on the sliders help at all?  If not, I'd say that it's a design flaw with the rigged eyes and you may be better off ditching them and wearing separate unrigged ones instead.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1411 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.