Asking LL to finish a road

animats

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1000 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

"Unfortunately, until December 2013, the continent (Zindra) is still unfinished. This means that an important road in South is not connected with the rest of road system." - SL wiki.

missingroad.thumb.png.1ea349519300e68915b4becd98a9c361.png

Proposed road connection in blue

It's tough to drive from the south part of Zindra to the north part. The sims south of Keranio and Cotehill, where the roads would have connected, were never built.

But there's a route available. It's just not paved.Snapshot_001.thumb.jpg.5b34a0bbb7dfba291f7e3edeab643fd6.jpg

The Southern Bypass.

It's a Linden-owned right of way from end to end, but plain grass, no pavement. Most of the adjacent properties are vacant LIFE Properties parcels. Is there any chance of getting LL to pave the road there? Should I ask someone at LIFE Properties to support this? If so, whom?

Edited by animats
Add pictures and maps.

1 hour ago, animats said:

Is there any chance of getting LL to pave the road there?

There's no harm in asking. I did that myself once and it only took a day or two before it was sort'a fixed.

That was back in 2013 when Michael was still around though. It may be harder to get them to do it today.

17 hours ago, animats said:

"Unfortunately, until December 2013, the continent (Zindra) is still unfinished. This means that an important road in South is not connected with the rest of road system." - SL wiki.

missingroad.thumb.png.1ea349519300e68915b4becd98a9c361.png

Proposed road connection in blue

It's tough to drive from the south part of Zindra to the north part. The sims south of Keranio and Cotehill, where the roads would have connected, were never built.

But there's a route available. It's just not paved.Snapshot_001.thumb.jpg.5b34a0bbb7dfba291f7e3edeab643fd6.jpg

The Southern Bypass.

It's a Linden-owned right of way from end to end, but plain grass, no pavement. Most of the adjacent properties are vacant LIFE Properties parcels. Is there any chance of getting LL to pave the road there? Should I ask someone at LIFE Properties to support this? If so, whom?

Maybe they WANT grass, not a road there.

57 minutes ago, Rachel1206 said:

Got inspired for a ride out - a bumpy ride but fun. Now the roads at Zindra are old prim roads and hence very slippery, so be sure to set resistance high on your vehicle, if you want to drive there. On the "dirt track" perfect grip.

Many off-road vehicles can go through there now, but there's a ditch at the south end that stops some low-slung cars. It needs a paved road.

The Linden Labs right of way was clearly laid out as a future road. It was just never built.

Edited by animats

On 2.2.2018 at 4:13 PM, Dee Linden said:

What a wonderful idea!  Let me think for a moment......

Ummm, Dee?

There are actually quite a few unfinished pieces of Linden Road all over the mainland continents, the one at Leening is only one of them. Just saying...

I think it took Michael less than an hour to do the road at Langdale. That was a rush job and it's not quite up to the standards it should have had but even so, the parcels are all laid down and for the most part ready. Adding some prims or maybe some good mesh road elements shouldn't be that much work.

All kidding aside, this is on my list -- and I'm checking it twice!  I cannot make any promises right now as to when, all I can say is -- stay tuned.

ChinRey, I really am not a fan of rush jobs, as I'm sure you understand.

Animats, if you will please submit a support case, and somewhere in it put "Attn Dee Linden" we will chat more about the area in general.

• Like 2

On 2/3/2018 at 7:13 PM, Dee Linden said:

All kidding aside, this is on my list -- and I'm checking it twice!  I cannot make any promises right now as to when, all I can say is -- stay tuned.

ChinRey, I really am not a fan of rush jobs, as I'm sure you understand.

Animats, if you will please submit a support case, and somewhere in it put "Attn Dee Linden" we will chat more about the area in general.

I don't want to have too many support cases open at once. I'm waiting for resolution on my support case #204301 for the huge lag in Vallone sim which appears regularly every 10-15 seconds. That's been pending for weeks. (There's a huge periodic script load coming from someplace, possibly another sim on the same server, and support can't find it.)

• 3 years later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1000 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.