Second life Voice?!

inuyashafan4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2337 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

6 answers to this question

That's why many people -- me included -- don't use voice in SL.  It's always been a flaky service.  Voice quality depends on your own equipment, the equipment of anyone else who is speaking, and the quality of everyone's Internet connections -- plus, of course, settings in Preferences.  Take a look at the excellent long discussion in the Firestorm wiki at http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_voice

I have heard some very nice, clear voice...and some awful, over-modulated voice, or muffled, muddy voice.  The worst is where the speaker leaves her microphone live and it picks up her crunching chips, and the kids screaming in the next room, and the TV...

All of which explains why, like Rolig, I don't do voice.

But if you must, use a laptop.  Most of them have very nice noise canceling mics and produce pretty good quality voice.

8 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

The worst is where the speaker leaves her microphone live and it picks up her crunching chips, and the kids screaming in the next room, and the TV...

I was eating celery, it was the neighbor's cat screaming at the door, and the TV you heard was NPR's "All Things Considered".

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I would, but then she invites me to share her carcass of the day.

Not if you demoralise her by sitting with your paw on a BIGGER carcass when she arrives, offering in mouth. This really works, a friend stopped being offered sparrows after the cat saw them with a 17 lb turkey...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2337 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.