Prims on Premium account?

LouiseDePointeDuLac1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2287 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi everybody! I'm going to upgrade to Premium and I've read about the linden homes, but how many prims can I use having a Premium account? Or maybe it doesn't have anything to do with it lol. I still don't understand how it works but I know that I need as many as possible (ok, I mean a lot. I have bathroom, bedroom, kitchen and living room sets and the apartment I rented only allowed me to have 50 prims). How many prims would be ok? Thanks!

7 answers to this question

Prim usage and Premium membership have absolutely nothing to do with each other.

Well...except in one very limited sense.  One of your Premium benefits is the option to get a free Linden Home, which are on 512 square meter parcels...or you can buy up to 512 sq m. elsewhere on the Mainland, and not be charged a monthly tier fee for it.  512 sq meters of land has a "carrying capacity" of up to 175 prims.

From the above, you might surmise that prims are tied to land size...and you'd be correct.  On a 512 sq m. parcel, you can have 175 prims.  On a full mainland region, 65,536 sq m., you can have 22,500 prims.

But you don't have to be a Premium member to have land.  You DO have to be Premium to OWN Mainland...but as a Basic member, you can RENT Mainland from another resident, or lease a parcel on a Private Estate.  The size of the parcel will determine how many prims you can have there...or in the case of some rentals, the landlord will tell you what your prim allowance is; it might not be tied to the parcel size.  For example, I rent apartments in a high rise tower, and give the tenants a 450 prim allowance.

• Like 2

No, it doesn't have anything to do with being Premium.  ANY parcel that is 512 sq m has the same prim allowance (Land Impact) = 175.  The only real difference for a Linden Home is that the house itself does not count in the total.  If you owned your own 512 sq m parcel, the house would count in the total allowance.

Hi hi all. I just found out about the prim upgrade to 175 in my Linden home. This is wonderful. Been stuggling with 117 prims for too many years.

If anyone is considering being a Premium Member, I think the benefits are well worth it... a Linden Home as talked about above, Online Support Chat, premium member-only Sims and Sandboxes, special Gifts, Games (how many of you wear your sucker fish hat?), and priority Access to crowded sims.

All that for this... I pay $72US dollars for a yearly membership. Considering that I get about $5US back per month from their weekly payback to me of 300 lindens (~$60US yearly). So, I really end up paying about $12US a year for my membership for all the benefits above. Being a PM is a great deal!

Hope this helps you decide on a Premium Membership.

All the best in your Second Life,
Pacoima Cyberstar :)

Edited by Pacoima Cyberstar
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2287 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.