SO tired of toxicity!

Avaraia Aljon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2399 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I need new friends or atleast a place to hangout that isn't at my husbands linden home. got nobody i can relate to because everyone in my groups is either toxic or vapid. reached the breaking point when i was openly mocked in a club for telling someone facts. I'm just so done. i need some chill people to talk to and/or a calm place to relax. preferibly a place where i'm not getting hit on 24/7. i've had enough of that tonight.

• Like 1

Just a thought and by all means toss it to the curb if it seems daft, but have you maybe considered creating a male alt and telling not another living soul? Two things: you'd certainly be left alone all you desire - and - you could spend your time checking out new places you haven't been before without being hampered by hangers-on.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Avaraia Aljon said:

reached the breaking point when i was openly mocked in a club for telling someone facts.

I feel strongly reminded of the girls that have "no drama plz" or variations of that in their profile, but certainly are always those right in the middle of it. Wonder why...

• Like 9

9 hours ago, AnyaJurelle said:

Just a thought and by all means toss it to the curb if it seems daft, but have you maybe considered creating a male alt and telling not another living soul? Two things: you'd certainly be left alone all you desire - and - you could spend your time checking out new places you haven't been before without being hampered by hangers-on.

Oh you think we got it easy? ;)

To OP, ignore/block functions are there for a reason, its wonderful! The only way to be left alone (mostly) would be not going anywere, or create a really unattractive avie, but who wants that. Otherwise, its SL, you are going to be receiving indecent proposals daily.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5.11.2017 at 12:21 AM, Avaraia Aljon said:

I need new friends or atleast a place to hangout that isn't at my husbands linden home. got nobody i can relate to because everyone in my groups is either toxic or vapid. reached the breaking point when i was openly mocked in a club for telling someone facts. I'm just so done. i need some chill people to talk to and/or a calm place to relax. preferibly a place where i'm not getting hit on 24/7. i've had enough of that tonight.

Maybe you could try a different approach how to handle situations like the one happend in the club.
Discuss the problems you have with the other person directly, maybe even in a remote place, and not inside a club. And of course not in main chat.
And if you still get a mean or a rude answer, then dont let it affect you. Try to see yourself as someone who cant be hurt. Imagine to be superwoman, if you like...

23 hours ago, Syo Emerald said:

I feel strongly reminded of the girls that have "no drama plz" or variations of that in their profile, but certainly are always those right in the middle of it. Wonder why...

Thanks for pointing into that direction.
Reminds me of a platonic friend who wrote "stop the drama" in his profile, but then felt forced to delete me from his friendlist, because i went to assist another friend buying a mesh body and head. O.o
Well, just as he wishes. More time left for real friends. :SwingingFriends:

• Like 1

On 04/11/2017 at 11:21 PM, Avaraia Aljon said:

Stay as you are, perhaps use in world searches for coffee houses. I've found people in such places are mellow, there are sometimes quizzes and reading groups and film nights. Or if you like carnivals and funfairs, go look for those. Every time I have visited a fairground, I have more often than not gone alone, but ended up with a bunch of great people, that has led on to us meeting up and sharing our favourite in world destinations.  

As much as we can love our partners - real or virtual - no one can spend 24/7 with anyone without it become toxic (there are exceptions, but mostly I believe this to be the case).

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2399 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.