Can not see my friend online

0Damiani

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2431 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

14 answers to this question

1 hour ago, 0Damiani said:

could it has been a glich? 

yes it could... but doesn't mean it was...

Well im asking is becoz hes my boyfriend and i didnt tell him i tracked him.

serious trust problem... from yóur side...

When i found out he was online i confronted him asked him to be honest.

confronting?... wow.. think the real problem starts to show... and it's  not him, your OP was still quite nice, but you showed some a real issue in this second one.

if i were your bf... we would need a real serious talk about what you do and why you don't trust him.

If my partner would track me in secret it would be time to part ways, i'd never accept that.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 0Damiani said:

Why cant i see my friend online in inworld? And i went to the secondlife.com dashboard to see my friend list and he wasnt on my list why?

There could be many reasons.  First place to start is open his profile and see if there is any info there; specifically is the option to ADD FRIEND available.

If not and it is greyed out, then you are still friends and logging in at a different location could sort out your friends list but as he is not visible on the website or in world, it seems most likely he has removed you or possibly deleted his account. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

There could be many reasons.  First place to start is open his profile and see if there is any info there; specifically is the option to ADD FRIEND available.

If not and it is greyed out, then you are still friends and logging in at a different location could sort out your friends list but as he is not visible on the website or in world, it seems most likely he has removed you or possibly deleted his account. 

Could it be possible that he was hidding his stautes?

Could it be possible that he was hidding his stautes?

His status? Yes, in fact that's the most likely explanation. My friends list includes quite a number of people (clients, casual acquaintances, etc.) that won't necessarily know whether I am on line , because I have UNchecked the box in my profile that lets them see that information about me. 

Edited by Rolig Loon

8 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

His status? Yes, in fact that's the most likely explanation. My friends list includes quite a number of people (clients, casual acquaintances, etc.) that won't necessarily know whether I am on line , because I have UNchecked the box in my profile that lets them see that information about me. 

Ok so i could see him on my friend list inworld as offline, but i could not see him on my secondlife dashboard friend list. So i decided to buy on marketplace one of those objects that can tell u if someone is online or offline no matter wat, and so he was online, but hes offline in  my inworld list. 

4 minutes ago, 0Damiani said:

So i decided to buy on marketplace one of those objects that can tell u if someone is online or offline no matter wat, and so he was online

i think you should ask yourself why it is thát important to see your friend online. Your friend seems to think otherwise.

Hope  you realize the tracking of peoples status brought many good friendships to a end.

If your friend needs the room to be invisible... simply accept it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

i think you should ask yourself why it is thát important to see your friend online. Your friend seems to think otherwise.

Hope  you realize the tracking of peoples status brought many good friendships to a end.

If your friend needs the room to be invisible... simply accept it.

Well im asking is becoz hes my boyfriend and i didnt tell him i tracked him. When i found out he was online i confronted him asked him to be honest. I asked him why i could not see him online  he laughed and he said that he wasnt doing anything just doing homework. We were supposed to hang out that day.. but he never told me he was online. He told me he could see me online but i couldnt see him. So it got me conserned and thats why i did it. So was he definetly hidding his statues or could it has been a glich? 

Edited by 0Damiani

6 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Well that's taught me something. 1.  How hiding your status works (never done it, I just use auto respond if I am busy)  and 2.  Don't try and answer questions when you don't know how status hiding works. (which I think I do now) 

and 3. don't put those questions on a forum... your partner can read here too  :)  ..gone is the secret tracking....

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Alwin Alcott said:

and 3. don't put those questions on a forum... your partner can read here too  :)  ..gone is the secret tracking....

I am glad I don't need that. My other half just texts me if there is any reason he is logging in earlier or not at all to our arranged time

3 hours ago, 0Damiani said:

So was he definetly hidding his statues or could it has been a glich? 

Pretty definite he was hiding his online status if his name poofed from your dashboard friends list.

See BUG-3104 - When hiding your online status from a friend, the dashboard no longer shows you as offline to your friend. Instead it removes you totally from their friends list on their dashboard.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

Thxs hun. Well that sure answers my question. Xoxo

Edited by 0Damiani
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2431 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.