Is it preferred to delete the account when changing city & state?

ral61

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2357 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

7 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, ral61 said:

I'am due to relocate to another city & state, and need advice to manage the account before moving.

Even if you don't think you'll access the account for a while from your new location, there is still no need to cancel / delete the account.   Your account is not tied to your location.  Best I know,  the only reason LL even cares about location is because of VAT.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, evilwolf1 said:

If u are moving no need to cancel  your account. If the VAT is different in the country you go, you create other avatar name with your new location or country and the old one you put in free situation  member not premium

Doubt you even have to create a new account for VAT changes.  Submit a support ticket and provide specifics to LL, possibly with some 'proof' documents.

30 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Doubt you even have to create a new account for VAT changes.  Submit a support ticket and provide specifics to LL, possibly with some 'proof' documents.

think you even can change that yourself at the billing info... (there's a "change" / "exemption"  button for the VAT settings)

2 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

think you even can change that yourself at the billing info... (there's a "change" / "exemption"  button for the VAT settings)

Good to know.  I never even noticed that stuff at the bottom of my billing page - likely because VAT doesn't apply to me.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2357 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.