Cool hangout locations?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3777 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I was vacant from Second Life all of 2008-2009 and since then I have been off and on trying to find a list of cool places to hangout. I'm looking to start a company here soon but I'm holding off because I want to get back into SL like I used to be, on every day with something to do and someone to talk to.

All of my previous friends from SL are either gone or just aren't replying..:robotsad:

So, does anybody know of some popular places? I'm thinking of somewhere small, so no nightclubs or high script areas please. :robotvery-happy:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There is a ton of land for sale in Bay City right now. It's pricey, but you can join various groups once you own land there; and they are active and supportive of community and business efforts of one another.

It would be a great place to begin a new business, if the land price doesn't put you off.

• 3 weeks later...

Thats an awesome idea, only it would be kind of akward to be a real estate company renting land from competition :matte-motes-big-grin-squint:

I did happen to find a parcel for my company and found some cool places to hangout, and my fiance just joined SL so things are all going great.

Thanks for the help!

Not sure that's actually what I said. (I said to buy a parcel and then join the city groups.) Although you hadn't said you were a real estate company.

Glad it worked out for you.

15Rocky Sicling wrote:

Thats an awesome idea, only it would be kind of akward to be a real estate company renting land from competition :matte-motes-big-grin-squint:

I did happen to find a parcel for my company and found some cool places to hangout, and my fiance just joined SL so things are all going great.

Thanks for the help!

Bay City is mainland - you'd be buying there, not renting; most of the time.

But its crazy expensive and not at all a traffic gain to be there. You go there mostly for the double prims and the lower likelihood of junky builds for neighbors. Speaking of which the -only- entry in marketplace for a junked car that's still mostly a car and not a scrap of rusted metal seems to belong to a user who's account was de-activated. So I'm weary buying it. Anyone know of anything like that I can get in SL. I'm looking for that 'car on blocks in the weed covered lawn' effect.

Good luck being a realestate company. The SL real estate market's crash makes the real world look like boom times by comparrision.

Should we start a different thread for hangout spots then, is this thread not really a hangout thread?

• 2 years later...

Heavens wind

Heaven's Wind is probably the most and oldest romantic dance park in SL. Dance and enjoy the music and the ambience. Alone or with friends or just sit and hangout, chat, ice skating, the park stil excist but there are some rumours it wil be putt up  for sale soon to.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Toshimora/109/47/401

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3777 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.