Path Cut/Slice -- Build Issue

JoelTyrone

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2422 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

For the last several weeks I have been building, and had no issue with the Path Cut feature and the Slice/dimple feature. Then On Tuesday, I realized that neither were working, and I need both to finish a project I am working on. I have tried another viewer, and it to has the same issue. Is this an issue with the settings on my viewer? an SL bug? Has anyone else had this issue, and if so have they figured out what is happening to it? And, last of all, can someone please tell me how to fix the issue?

Have you done any tests? E.g. creating a prim and trying those things on it. That's the first thing you should try after examining the object to make sure that none of its settings have changed. If they work on a new prim, then something has changed with the original, and the solution is to recreate it.

Do any other edit function still work on the object? E.g. stretch, colour, etc.

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 1

Let me  try to clarify. I have this issue even with new items (which is how I found it, I was working on a new weapon for a friend). I just cant use those functions. Everything else, I can, but not those. I have rezzed every shape that is up there, and they all refuse to let me use those features.

Edited by JoelTyrone

I just checked and those features ARE working correctly and as expected for me.

Have you tried on another sim?  There was a huge mess last week and it could be that the sim you were on was affected. Other than that -- no ideas, sorry. 

EDIT:

An idea. Go to a sandbox sim with a friend and you BOTH try to do the same with slice, dimple etc. If they can and you can't then you know it is "you". That's one step closer. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, JoelTyrone said:

Aye. I have tried it on everyt sim, and on multiple grid s and with several viewers. They all do the same thing. Thank you for the suggestion though.

Then I suggest putting in a ticker OR making a JIRA. Something evidently is not working in your account. Very odd. :(

What do you mean by "multiple grids"? Opensim? etc. If it isn't working there either then there must be some odd conflict on your computer that is affecting things. That will likely be difficult to track down. You might try updating your graphics driver. That would be the first thing to try. 

Good luck!

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Chic Aeon said:

Then I suggest putting in a ticker OR making a JIRA. Something evidently is not working in your account. Very odd. :(

What do you mean by "multiple grids"? Opensim? etc. If it isn't working there either then there must be some odd conflict on your computer that is affecting things. That will likely be difficult to track down.  You might try updating your graphics driver. That would be the first thing to try. 

Good luck!

Aye. I know. And yes I mean in Open sim.   As for updating my graphics driver, its an Integrated Intel HD, and it says its already fully updated. And there is no slots in my PC for adding one.

6 minutes ago, JoelTyrone said:

Aye. I know. And yes I mean in Open sim.   As for updating my graphics driver, its an Integrated Intel HD, and it says its already fully updated. And there is no slots in my PC for adding one.

Well you at least know it isn't SL or a viewer.  Maybe it is time to learn MESH building! :D

Sometimes the Universe pushes us hard!   

Hmm you said you'd tried another viewer, which has the same problem, but you didn't say which viewer's you tested with.

Once cause of this problem on Firestorm is if you have set the decimal precision too low.  I'm not sure if any other TPVs allow you to change the decimal precision in the edit tools.
If you are using Firestorm, edit a prim, click the "See more grid options" arrow & make sure that "Decimal Precision" isn't set too low - reset it to 5 (default) & see if path cut/slice/dimple then work.

qQclKZ_NQlWn7ZnfsVxqcg.png

If this doesn't help, can you say which two viewers you reproduced this on.
Can you also look to see how many decimal places you have displaying in the the edit tools.

I think this problem could also be caused by having the number format settings messed up on your system.

WZDBG-nBQw2avkTvx4mCGg.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2422 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.