Mesh Avatar

rhian Milena

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2364 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,  a friend of mine saw in an community SL Blog that LL will be doing away with the Classic Avatar.  He saw it on 8/30/2017 in the community blog,  both of us tried looking for that blog and is unable to locate it .  I have already gone mesh, he hasnt,  Is this true everyone will need to update if they havent already?

10 hours ago, rhian Milena said:

I have already gone mesh, he hasnt,  Is this true everyone will need to update if they havent already?

It's not only true, it's not even possible. A mesh avatar is not a replacement for the system avatar, it's an addition to it. Everybody have to use a system avatar even if it is completely hidden underneath mesh.

8 hours ago, ChinRey said:

It's not only true, it's not even possible. A mesh avatar is not a replacement for the system avatar, it's an addition to it. Everybody have to use a system avatar even if it is completely hidden underneath mesh.

thank you, that i what I thought,  

• 2 weeks later...

You can find a lot of guides and reviews at the http://meshbodyaddicts.com/ site. The review also include prices for each body.

But be aware, though, that the cost for the mesh body itself is just one factor. If you do not wish to stick with any included skins of that body, you most likely need to look for a skin applier and a matching system skin, if you stick with your old system head. Then there's your wardrobe which may or may not already hold fitting mesh clothes and/or appliers. 
Luckily, there are plenty of shopping events and offers where you might find nice quality for less than usual prices. Check the "shopping guide" Seraphim for previews of such events and also spend some time on FlickR, browsing groups dedicated to your favourite body or gifts. For example, https://www.flickr.com/groups/2952118@N22/ as gift resource or https://www.flickr.com/groups/630498@N20 as general style guide.

Plus... demo, demo, demo! ;)

• Thanks 1

Wow Lillith thank you so much for this information.  I think Shakespeare said it so well many years ago; " To mesh or not to mesh, that is the question."  Ultimately, when you have been on SL for as long as I have (9 years) two different avitars, I think the question is more like which mesh, which mesh should i choose, and now I am smarter because of you:D

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Rhian Milena.  You ask about if anyone has a favorite mesh avatar brand...
Why yes I do.  This is my chance to shamelessly brag about my own avatar.  I am currently modeling my own mesh avatar including a bento head, and have started bento hands.  The body still uses the classic avatar since the bento armature I have found so far do not have the ability to move the breasts with physics in as nice a way as the classic.  I actually find that odd, you would think that the bento armature should be better than the classic in every way, but the version I found is not.
Anyway, I also have already made well over 40 clothing mesh items with lots of textures for each.

Me at beta site.jpg

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2364 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.