I deeded land to a group that has been disbanded

Isle Biedermann

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2485 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I bought 512  sqm of land from a friend for an art gallery, and deeded it to a group that I set up for the purpose, called "Isle Biedermann Art Group".  As the gallery was taking a while to be built, as a freebie from my friend, I had not yet added anyone else to the group, forgetting that a group with only one person in it is disbanded.

Now the land is owned by a group with no members.  I cannot re-join the group, to invite other members, and nor can I set the land as my home; that is not quite true, as I set it as home when I bought it, but now I log on half buried in the floor, rather than standing on it, as there is now a building where previously there was not.

The land in question is: Lastenham (184,112) Adult 1024m.

Please advise.

7 answers to this question

17 minutes ago, Isle Biedermann said:

I had not yet added anyone else to the group, forgetting that a group with only one person in it is disbanded.

That's not quite true.  Lastenham is a Mainland region, so if your group owns the parcel, it cannot be disbanded.  (A group will normally be disbanded if it has only one member, but not if it owns land on the Mainland.)  So, the group still exists but has no members, since you left it.  As a Premium member, you have access to Live Chat, which has magic tools at its disposal.  I suggest contacting them.  Explain your situation and see what they can do to get you back in the group.  Then, immediately add your alt to the group as a co-owner.  That will prevent the system from doing the same thing again, and you can trust your alt not to invite anyone else to join the group (or to sell the parcel out from under you).

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Isle Biedermann said:

I bought 512  sqm of land from a friend for an art gallery, and deeded it to a group that I set up for the purpose, called "Isle Biedermann Art Group".  As the gallery was taking a while to be built, as a freebie from my friend, I had not yet added anyone else to the group, forgetting that a group with only one person in it is disbanded.

Now the land is owned by a group with no members.  I cannot re-join the group, to invite other members, and nor can I set the land as my home; that is not quite true, as I set it as home when I bought it, but now I log on half buried in the floor, rather than standing on it, as there is now a building where previously there was not.

The land in question is: Lastenham (184,112) Adult 1024m.

Please advise.

contact support

it's by the way pretty difficult to forget to invite others, you always get a sytem message at least one day before the group gets locked.

Edited by Alwin Alcott

34 minutes ago, Isle Biedermann said:

I have submitted a case, having missed Live Chat by about 5 minutes!

They'll be back at work tomorrow.  You'll get faster service from them then than you will from the support case.  Do let them know that you submitted it, though, so they can kill it when they finish first.  :)

18 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

That's not quite true.  Lastenham is a Mainland region, so if your group owns the parcel, it cannot be disbanded.  (A group will normally be disbanded if it has only one member, but not if it owns land on the Mainland.)  So, the group still exists but has no members, since you left it.  As a Premium member, you have access to Live Chat, which has magic tools at its disposal.  I suggest contacting them.  Explain your situation and see what they can do to get you back in the group.  Then, immediately add your alt to the group as a co-owner.  That will prevent the system from doing the same thing again, and you can trust your alt not to invite anyone else to join the group (or to sell the parcel out from under you).

I'm pretty sure the email I received said that the group was disbanded, but I know it still exists from right clicking on the land and checking the owner.

21 minutes ago, Isle Biedermann said:

I'm pretty sure the email I received said that the group was disbanded, but I know it still exists from right clicking on the land and checking the owner.

"Exists" and being "valid" are two different things. Even for disbanded groups, they are probably left on land so the ownership does not go "blank".

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2485 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.