Why is there a giant moon covering my screen no matter what I do?

Leustante

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2197 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

When I switched between 2 different viewers, Firestorm and Singularity, I get a glitch that looks like the photo attached to this post. It never goes away even when I try to clear my cache or switch between the viewers again. It shows up in every viewer I log into. What is it for, who did it, and how do I get rid of it? It appears to be some kind of HUD attached to my screen. So only I can see it. If you encountered this and found a solution, let me know please.

I am just a humble little graphic creator on Second Life trying to make a living off of my texture and mesh items. No harm done here...

90533d5b0648433cb09c233fb62e1c8d.png

7 answers to this question

Yup, that sure looks like a HUD to me.  You ought to be able to right click on it and select Detach.  Unless it was a temp attach object, that will send it back to your inventory, so you can play with again sometime at your leisure.  If you just want to kill it for good, you should be able to find it in your inventory's Recent tab.  Click the tiny gear icon in the extreme lower left corner and then select Show Filters from the new menu.  Adjust the time setting backwards a few days or a week until you see the HUD appear in the listing. Then detach and delete it.

EDIT:  There's a small chance that the HUD is actually rezzed and attached as you log in, because the controlling script is in something that you are wearing -- an item of clothing or another HUD perhaps.  If so, again use your Recent tab to search for unfamiliar items until you identify it.  Or, look for things that are attached to you and detach them one at a time until it goes away.

Edited by Rolig Loon

1 hour ago, Leustante said:

even when I try to clear my cache

clearing cache doesn't help against worn objects.. to be more direct: it helps against nearly nothing so better keep off it unless you have serious texture problems.

The item you wear is most likely your firestorm bridge, sometimes it happens it looks like a rock/moon.

It's pretty safe to detach it.

6 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

The item you wear is most likely your firestorm bridge, sometimes it happens it looks like a rock/moon.

Erm .... This one really does look like the Moon, rather than the Firestorm bridge, which only looks vaguely rock-like.  In fact, it looks like someone has displayed a photo of the Moon on a sphere and then turned in to align one of its polar axes with X before attaching it as a HUD.  B|

You're right, though, clearing cache is a bad idea.  It will only make matters worse, generally.

Edited by Rolig Loon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2197 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.