Shoutcast Board giving "llHTTPRequest contains a control character"

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2448 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I recently moved to a new sim and when I rezzed my SHX Shoutcast board, it shoots the following: "SHX-SRC-F210 URL passed to llHTTPRequest contains a control character."

To test things out, I took it to the old island, it worked again, but the new one doesn't.  Is there something on the sim that could cause the board to issue that error.  This also happened on another item too.  Thanks.

I am seeing this same thing happening with my SHX F210... Error happens on my RC-Magnum Region but my normal Release Region no errors and the board works perfectly. Seems like something is bad in the new RC Code that is breaking these.

Updated... This is a known issue on RC Magnum Regions.

Official Thread -

Edited by Dar Brock
Official Thread for this issue found

Update: My new location is on a RC Magnum island.

So looks like I need to use another Shoutcast board.

I saw the edit (Official Thread for this issue found) on Dar Brock's thread, where is the official thread for the issue, search failed me. Thanks.

On 6/29/2017 at 10:39 PM, Dar Brock said:

I am seeing this same thing happening with my SHX F210... Error happens on my RC-Magnum Region but my normal Release Region no errors and the board works perfectly. Seems like something is bad in the new RC Code that is breaking these.

Updated... This is a known issue on RC Magnum Regions.

Official Thread -

Edited by Kimmi Zehetbauer

• 2 weeks later...

Last night I went to a freinds place on my sim, seperate parcel and he had this issue. The board has been there probably 6 months at least. we tried pulling it in inventory/ restartign  and no change. Streams and music change fine. only the titles didnt show in the board. I then went to my board i got a couple weeks ago and it was doing the same thing. hearing that the issue has also affected the Lestat boards leads me to believe this is a SL issue that they need to fix. Not the vendors.

• 4 weeks later...

I am just joining this thread. My issue is not with a DJ board but a DJ HUD to display stream info into chat (and above my head). It stopped working a few weeks ago, and seems to be the same issue as above. Not knowing it was an LL issue I bought a second HUD from another seller, and it fails with the same "Request contains a control character" error.  They are no-mod, I can't just go find a script and update it, the creator has not answered in 2 weeks, and I am suspecting she is no longer inworld.  I am not a scripter, so I can't make my own (I can add or change  script, sometimes I can usually figure the basics out)

From what I am reading here LL just changed the coding - and without an updated unit from the maker, I am out of luck?  So now I get to go shopping for another, and hope I find a new one that will actually work correctly?  Granted I am only out L$400, but the point is that others are out more, I am sure. Why did this happen, and why can't it be fixed? 

Can anyone suggest a Shoutcast stream HUD that will work now?

What if some coding change rendered Bento head HUDs inoperable - would THAT get fixed?

/whine over - thank you for any answers or advice.

~ Dream

13 hours ago, Dream Decosta said:

From what I am reading here LL just changed the coding - and without an updated unit from the maker, I am out of luck?  So now I get to go shopping for another, and hope I find a new one that will actually work correctly?

Buying a new one will not help you. 1st you need to find out if the creator is still active and has an update. So you need to talk 1st or check this thread.

13 hours ago, Dream Decosta said:

What if some coding change rendered Bento head HUDs inoperable - would THAT get fixed?

If the creators want to continue making alot of money it will get fixed. :) 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2448 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.